Zelda movie trailer

Nekofrog

This is just a huge April Fools Joke. The trailers credits says IGN Entertainment. Plus the release date gives it away clearly. The trailer looks good and actually makes me want to see a "real" Zelda movie. IGN really went all out on this one.

What's really impressive is that they got real actors. The guy who plays Link, J.R. Killigrew, has an imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2202251/ So does everyone else in those credits. The movie advertised is disappointingly absent.

Given these are all actors and actresses with low-budget items, it's still really extensive to go for an April Fool's joke. I want to believe. :\

It could be, however screenshots and animated gifs of this have been around for months now.

It's a little too fishy to just be an April Fools joke.

IGN definately had to have been working on this for a few months. But seriously the IGN Entertainment in the cerdits and the release date of April 1 2009 gives it away.

How the hell do we make a movie filled with dialogue based on a guy who never talks? Why isn't Malon any cuter!? >.<;;

You know, that IS true. I can't imagine how the storyline would be played out if Link never talked (of course, there are times in the games where a character will ask Link a question, and the character will say, "Oh, so you think ..."). And if he DID talk, I'm not entirely sure what he'd say... of course, that's why I'm not writing the script!

As to why Malon isn't cuter, I'm sure there are a lot of us that have asked that... but she's the girl of farmer Mario, who's mother has yet to be seen (as far as I know), so right now, we just have to go with that. :(

Ok, I lost my post to FF crashing... Stupid WoW pranks :S

Anyway, the gist of it: Sketchy, but possible.

The story in every zelda is a retelling, therefore they can adapt it to the movie format.

IGN is a big company, they have the money for both an elaborate prank or fronting the costs for a movie. Especially one that is a sure hit in the box office.

Makes me wish it was a real movie despite Link's BUSTED looking face. Reminds me of those cheap scifi channel movies that you know is going to be horrible but still take the time to watch. The only realistic Link costume I've seen has been Legolas in LOTR.

When it comes to a game like Zelda though, I often wonder if you can translate it to film without really making it piss poor. I mean, I'm willing to give the BoTD here and say that maybe Hollywood really IS trying, but they don't have enough to work with, or what they have just really doesn't well, work that well.

How do you take what is essentially a 25 - 30 hour gameplay experience and condense it to fit an hour and a half? What do you cut? How do you cut it? What about pacing? What action scenes should be put in? How the hell do we make a movie filled with dialogue based on a guy who never talks? Why isn't Malon any cuter!? >.<;;

Pfft!Like any of that matters.

All I want is a film that satisfys my rabid fanboy needs.So i suggest you start with something like Epona.That horse in the trailer looks nothing like Epona what the hell were they thinking!!! fuck pacing and storytelling get the bare essentials right(like the fucking horse jeez) then worry about all that cinema crap.

BTW: Blatant April Fools, Come on!:roll:

Listen guys, I know the timing was terrible, releasing the trailer on April Fool's Day. But I happen to have it on good authority (my cousin's fiance, who works for the production company making this a reality) that this thing is for real. Obviously no major studio would ever try to make a video game movie after the total duds that were the Super Mario movie, Doom the movie, Tomb Raider, etc. However, that's why IGN is helping produce the film. It's really the first attempt by gamers to make a serious full-length motion picture about video games, for the fans of the game itself.

Keep an eye on updates from IGN... this thing is gonna be pretty sweet.

Y'see, Ganondorf is evil because he's badly drawn and scottish.

Y'see, next year they will release the movie, but it will be nothing but a 2-hour long collage of all the cucco attack sequences. Near the end, a cheesy zoom-in-on-a-cucco's-eyes-to-indicate-evil scene followed by the full out attack of the actor from the trailer, the music reaches its climax, and all that is show is link's hypnotized and drooling face, as seen by the chicken.

Hopefully there will be an option to skip the cutscenes.

:lol:

No flash for computers at school, PHUCK. At least I got to see some screen shots. Wtf...why are they depicting Link as a shit-faced ugly 30-something year old? Ganondorf looks fucking delicious compared to the Link they're portraying. I liked the look about it all, though. Very Twilight-Princess-y. Fake, maybe. Real, maybe. A big, fat, joke either way? Hell yes.