Zelda movie trailer

Nekofrog

Site is still swamped. I never knew online April's Fools jokes are still this popular.

Ha~Hi!

That is the best sig ever..

PS- Just watched in Youtube instead and I thought it was actually pretty good. Link could've looked better, but the costume was spot on. Basically something geeks would go crazy over... like it has.

Considering that it's just a throwaway April Fools joke, I think this trailer showed quite a lot of work. Bravo to IGN for putting together something that looks like a watchable movie despite low-budget special effects.

I dunno about low-budget...I actually thought the CG looked better than a lot of stuff I've seen in theaters.

I feel like someone should write a letter, kindly asking them to not make this movie. Like its not fair to say "oh games are for children, thus this movie can be childish and no one will care." I mean I hope i'm not the only one who thinks that looks like the most awful movie you can imagine.

I feel like someone should write a letter, kindly asking them to not make this movie. Like its not fair to say "oh games are for children, thus this movie can be childish and no one will care." I mean I hope i'm not the only one who thinks that looks like the most awful movie you can imagine.

You're not, but I don't see what's so "childish" about. It's fake though, so you don't have to worry about them actually making this movie.

Well the trailer wasn't bad in itself, it was just bad for being a Zelda movie trailer...cuz y'know that'll be incredibly tough to pull off. And is it just me but does Link and Ganondorf totally look ugly in the trailer? Overall, think the trailer was decent, but still have my hunches that it ain't happening :-P

Oh wow, it suddenly occurred to me why filmmakers use good-looking actors all the time. I mean, aside from the obvious rea$ons...

I'm not saying the Link actor doesn't look any worse than the average person, he just looks so... old! Link is ALWAYS a "boy", never a "man". And having such an old-looking guy play him just makes him look like a confused bad-acting childish man..... Heck, how old is adult link in OOT? 18 maybe? Same with Zelda; in the trailer she did not appear one bit youthful (though it seemed they did that on purpose for some odd reason...)

Ok I'm done ranting.

So speculation is that it is a low-budget indie film. And it'd have to be, Ganon looks terrible.

I agree that Ganon looks weird. He looks more ape than human.

Why is anyone even trying to do a Zelda film? I think that is one franchise that shouldn't be fooled with. Unless the planets are aligned, I doubt anyone can or should even do a Zelda film (maybe if it was animated? CG or hand drawn would be fine with me).

At least that's my feelings.

Egad! It's been forever since you been here Nekofrog!

oh no there are inconsistencies with the video game

oh no they got the triforce on the wrong hand

OH NO I'M A GIGANTIC FAGGOT AND THE ONLY WAY I'D BE SATISFIED WITH A MOVIE FROM A VIDEO GAME IS IF IT WAS JUST A VIDEO OF SOMEONE PLAYING THROUGH THE ENTIRE VIDEO GAME BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT'S TOO DIFFERENT AND IT'S GONNA RUIN MY CHILDHOOD OR WHATEVER

the mario bros. movie was awesome. you just have to take it for what it is. movies from games aren't supposed to be true to the video game down to every last detail. it's like, "oh hey, they made a movie out of one of the games I play. this will be interesting to see how they rendered it into a movie." EXPECT it to be different. if it sucks, then oh well, it sucks. it doesn't ruin the video game in any way.

also the whole thing is obviously a very well done april fool's joke, but man, it still got me pumped. i would have loved to see this.

I love you.

Although I found the casting to be a little odd (age-wise) the rendition of enemies was pretty cool. It would definitely be an interesting movie to watch, however. Sadly though, this trailer only appeared on April Fools day, which leads me to believe that it is a fake. ;D