Senior Pranks

Theory of N

Our senior prank was really lame...at graduation we all handed the principal a penny, so after all of us got our diplomas, he had approximately $5.40 in pennies in his pocket.

My senior class did that last year, except with marbles. When they shook his hand, they slipped it to him. Both his jacket pockets were bulging with marbles by the time they were done. And at the speech he gave to the senior class at the beginning of the year, he said "...and if anyone gives me a marble at graduation, I'll find where you live."

I've never heard of this being done, but... has anyone seen/heard of pranks involving the school-wide intercom or daily announcements? Some ideas:

- The daily announcements begin, and a vast amount of helium is released near the microphone. Silly-voice announcements ensue.

- Insert fart noises as desired.

- If your school plays the national anthem every day... replace it with something funny, like "Music of my groin". Or, have it start playing the anthem normally, then switch to Music of my Groin for an added element of surprise. Or even better, play it from an alternate source (or multiple alternate sources) so they can't turn it off.

I can only see this working if the announcements are normally dry and humourless though...

• 1 month later...

So, it's about that time now when all the seniors are thinking of things to do. I'm a part of three senior pranks.

1) Top secret. No one knows about it except the guy I'm doing it with. We're going to do the pacman chase :)

2) tomorrow night, some of us are going to switch two teachers' rooms around. Room A will look like Room B and vice versa. Also taking all the desks from two classrooms and piling them in the office.

3) Me and a few of the band seniors just got done setting this up a couple hours ago. We messed with our band director's office and put sticky notes everywhere, arranged some of the chairs into a big 08, and let go of a helium balloon that said "class of 08" and the string cut really short into the 20 ft high band room. Pictures: http://ton.escariot.net/pictures/mine/prank/

I'm the one in the maroon shirt :)

I've never heard of this being done, but... has anyone seen/heard of pranks involving the school-wide intercom or daily announcements? Some ideas:

- The daily announcements begin, and a vast amount of helium is released near the microphone. Silly-voice announcements ensue.

- Insert fart noises as desired.

- If your school plays the national anthem every day... replace it with something funny, like "Music of my groin". Or, have it start playing the anthem normally, then switch to Music of my Groin for an added element of surprise. Or even better, play it from an alternate source (or multiple alternate sources) so they can't turn it off.

I can only see this working if the announcements are normally dry and humourless though...

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00349/

If I remember right, I believe the prank that was pulled when I was a high school senior was having a bunch of chicken released in the school.

I always wondered if pouring a ton of jell-o mix in the school pool would of resulted in anything.

Man I can't believe I graduated in 2000. Where the heck did the time go :(

if you are going to do the anoucments thing heres what I would do.

In our high school they would play some music by setting a Cd player in front of the mic, just as an attention getter. Then some student would say what they had to say. Well I always wanted to get a cd with the begning of a song then a long peroid of nothing. but the disk keeps playing... so 4 hours later there is this awful sound coming though the PA.... If the brown note worked,,, that be the one. But Since it wont, it have to be something like Music of my Grion...

A friend and I wanted to drag my speaker system on top of a school building and blare Korobeiniki while raining cardboard tetris blocks on everyone.

We decided against it because an ex-security guard said we'd never be able to get the system up there without getting caught.

They didn't let my school have a senior prank, mainly cuz someone in a nearby school almost got killed trying to pull of their prank. School was threatening to throw the book at us if we had pulled one off. We did have one planned though.

The grass on our school sporting grounds were kinda lacking life (heck, it didn't even need to be cut it was that dead) so instead of doing the norm and killing off the grass and spelling out something in the process, we decided we'd plant grass seeds and spell something out that way.

Wish I'd seen that pac man one back in my high school days, I'm sure my teachers wouldn't have given a crap if we'd done that.

I'm graduating from college on Saturday, and no one really did a Senior prank (though the administration chose to test their new student alert system, ie text messaging students with a warning, during a tornado drill, which according to them worked well, but we all thought it was a joke).

In high school, however, everyone had to use the same school-issued locks on their lockers. Since it was a private school, your Fourth Amendment rights did not apply, so they would bring in drug dogs to sniff all of the lockers and walk around with a key to open the ones that the dog responded to up. Someone stole the key and switched all of the lockers in a particular building, thereby rendering all of the Freshmen and Sophomores incapable of opening their lockers during one of the class changes. They got in huge trouble for doing so (caught on surveillance cameras), but it was still pretty awesome.