Earthbound 'Smiles and Tears' - Freshly Baked Remix Competition

Jaybell

Funny take on the source. And I hear the source. All good.

There's some really distracting nosies in the right ear, they sound like they're real-world sounds and not in my headphones. I kept turning my head and muting the sound to hear what was going on, but... Yeah. Fun effect. Please get rid of them.

It has a steady rhythm, but it gets kind'a dull after a while. The 1:13 break is nice, but it loses momentum there. Would be good if you'd have a second drum pattern to run, something in between the drive you had earlier, and the pretty inexistant drums at the end. At least if you're gonna make it longer.

It has a very primitive synth sound, which might be a problem if you're gonna submit it to OCR. Otherwise, it's cool.

• 4 months later...

Suddenly, I realized the intro has something of a cave story quality to it, albeit not as clean. lead seems panned left, not good. Next lead is centered, but not quite dominant enough to hold it's own. Pan each a _little_ to either side, to get some more balance in it.

Ending... better not be the end. It's not a good ending.

Some comments. The track is still interesting to me. Keep working on it. :)