OCR01698 - Cheetahmen II "Livin' Large!"

djpretzel

I seldom post my impression on a remix, but I must say this: "you're making me imagine Chester Cheeto in his own game vividly displayed before my very eyes." What's played starting at 1:29 reminds me of a very old Megaman game except I'm using Chester Cheeto instead. A very creative mix to make me imagine this bizarre game...

Shouldn't this be under Action 52? I thought the music appeared there first before coming into Cheetahmen II (along with the theme for Fuzz Power, which was also transferred over).

Anyway, I don't think there's much else to say concerning the track other than that he approached what is theoretically the worst game EVER and made a remix that actually somehow made the game sound half decent. A very straightforward route in terms of style, but heck, there was still a lot of interpretation to ensure that there was enough balance between familiarity with the theme and personal interpretation, so all's good. I believe the FF9 bit in the middle was needed to add some much needed countermelodic work for the end portion of the original track's melody line, so clever stuff there too.

Get in there AnSo - I bet the Japanese scene and Cheetahmen fans everywhere are in love by now :D

(And btw djp, the last I checked, they were a THREESOME - Aries, Apollo and Hercules, unless there's some secret one that I don't know about.)

I seldom post my impression on a remix, but I must say this: "you're making me imagine Chester Cheeto in his own game vividly displayed before my very eyes." What's played starting at 1:29 reminds me of a very old Megaman game except I'm using Chester Cheeto instead. A very creative mix to make me imagine this bizarre game...

Interestingly, Chester had his own game back in the day.

Awsome....Ever since I heard some of the japanese remixes from kotaku.com I was waiting for teh day a good remix would show up here...and this is it!

Well done!

Also, fro the pepople who are not fimiliar with the game, here is a lil taste:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/worst-nes-game-evar-has-awesomest-music-316014.php

Thats pretty much how I got exposed to the Cheetah Men 2 remixes. I agree with what Kablammyman just said as well. I've quickly grown to be a fan of AS's work. Its nice that he's kind of breaking the mold and remixing music from games that haven't been covered thus far. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01698 - Cheetahmen II "Livin' Large!"