OCR01698 - Cheetahmen II "Livin' Large!"

djpretzel

I'm neutral towards the Cheetahmen. I think it's another fad - Not a bad fad, but still a fad nevertheless.

Yet, it kicks ass, and upon first listen it invoked a nostalgic feeling - and I've never played the game. The 'verse' is sinister and the 'chorus' is a bright and happy diversion that keeps the mix from getting repetitive. It makes me feel like I'm running around in the jungle on some imaginary vacation. Nice work. This is definitely going on my annual summer ocremix CD.

Anso's got the groove. Very funky, sometimes oldskool sounding remix. I love the keyboard, and some of the stuff going on in the background adds a lot, too.

My only complaint, and unfortunately something that drags this whole mix down for me, is the choice of the main synth. I find it to be a little too loud and piercing; less would've been more here IMO.

Other than that, nice one. Keep'em coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Another Soundscape, I really like your stuff, but I have to say you missed your mark on this. You see, with pointless internet phenomena, one must be truly horrid at their craft to do due tribute. See: all your base, numa numa. You, through your work here, have disowned the very thing you seek to promote. You have created something good. By adding legitimate awesomeness to this trend, you helped it toward its demise, as nothing good can last on the internet. For shame.

BTW: best use of You Are Not Alone ever. And seriously, you bring the funk. It is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the source tune, and I feel that this remix is a worthy offering to the godly cheetahmen themselves, Aries, Apollo, and Hercules.

An interesting aside bit of Cheetahmen trivia is that Aries uses the spelling of the astrological sign, rather than "Ares", the Greek god of war. A funny typo that actually makes the train wreck that was the game even better.

Anyways, this mix is great, i love that percussion, and the creative arrangement of the melodies. Surely you don't need my recommendation to download this slick mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how come I haven't heard this one before?

I'm not sure how to sum up my feelings for this mix; It's so obtusely and bizarrely hodgepodge yet so overwhelmingly catchy and good. Wow, just Wow...

I think I like this a lot; it's such an incredible experience to listen to, and this is so unique I don't think one will find anything like this elsewhere.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01698 - Cheetahmen II "Livin' Large!"