12 year old boy kills man to protect mother

DrumUltimA

Technically not self-defense. The boy wasn't attacked, the mother was.

That is technically wrong actually. If it's your own home and your own family you're defending, laws do support it as a form of self defense. Going by some simple semantics doesn't work. "technically" that isn't correct.

It's only not self defense if your family member is in an illegal fight and not in an act of self defense.

BTW, I almost ran across the same situation two months ago when I had to fend off a daybreak invaders with a few of my kitchen knives. I don't care what anybody says. If you are stupid enough to attack and/or invade, you deserve what's coming to you. That includes death. Really, I'd only worry about there being enough evidence for it to point towards self defense. In the end of the day, that's what matters. Good thing for the boy that the mother herself is the witness.

Yeah, I guess it only becomes an issue when there's different types of parties there. I mean, a 12 year old did something that dire in that situation. What would happen if a pet killed someone if its master was being attacked? I'm sure that'll cause a lot more ruckus even if it may fall into the 'self defense' technicality. Then there are those cases where there are two distinct parties involved getting into a legal mess over it being self defense or plain murder.

Alright, spill it. Which book did you steal this from? (Lol, I kid, I kid.) (Unless, you really did quote from a book, which I'm not assuming you did...)

But yeah, this kid's a hero. I don't know if I could have done the same thing...Even though my mom is the closest friend I have in the entire world.

My last sentence was quite a mess, but I'll take the compliment nonetheless, good sir or madame.

I hope that's sarcasms, or perhaps you just know really idiotic liberals? (Or perhaps you yourself are idiotic?)

Stupid stereotypes.

Here in Austin, it seems like we got to the closing day sale at Liberals r Us and stocked up for the winter. We could be fighting Satan and his angels to protect ourselves from eternal damnation and they'd be opposed.

Here in Austin, it seems like we got to the closing day sale at Liberals r Us and stocked up for the winter. We could be fighting Satan and his angels to protect ourselves from eternal damnation and they'd be opposed.

What? I don't understand, who is doing the opposing, and what is being opposed?

I don't like the idea of liberal anyways, I mean, there are two who dynamics of it: Social and Economic. Its quite possible to be liberal economically and conservative socially.

Anyways, hats off to that kid. I kind of wonder how he got the guys neck though... I mean, if the man was strangling his mother, then the kid probably wouldn't have a clear shot at his neck because his mother would be in the way...

What? I don't understand, who is doing the opposing, and what is being opposed?

I don't like the idea of liberal anyways, I mean, there are two who dynamics of it: Social and Economic. Its quite possible to be liberal economically and conservative socially.

Anyways, hats off to that kid. I kind of wonder how he got the guys neck though... I mean, if the man was strangling his mother, then the kid probably wouldn't have a clear shot at his neck because his mother would be in the way...

I think he got him on the back of his neck...