MEETUP: Baltimore May '08 - pics page 19

DrumUltimA

Yo guys, I said I was definitely in, but something crazy happened and now I'm playing a gig with my new videogame cover band Rare Candy that day: http://myspace.com/rarecandy/

So I don't know how much if at all I can make the meetup. SUCKS, I was looking forward to it.

Alternatively, if any of you guys are interested in coming out to check us out that day... this gig is close (~20ish minutes drive) to downtown.

May, 3 2008 at Collector’s Corner (Free Comic Book Day)

8108A Harford Rd., Baltimore, Maryland 21234

Cost : FREE

An epic battle with the Mandroids, Davey G & The Keyboard, Pablonius Bill, and Person Parcel! Come get your free picture books ya damn kids!

This is a map from the monument to that place, it's a little bit but not much of a hike.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=10401469280991005259,39.290679,-76.612388%3B4733186764458250118,39.302920,-76.544220%3B2515332454773697933,39.348040,-76.565050&saddr=39.290679,+-76.612388&daddr=39.319691,-76.59256+to:Harford+Rd%2FMD-147+%4039.348040,+-76.565050+to:8108A+Harford+Rd.,+Baltimore,+Maryland+21234&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1,2&sll=39.34067,-76.568184&sspn=0.142054,0.273972&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12

I believe it's around 1PM, I think we're waiting on final times from those guys, the myspace'll get updated when we know.

So yea if you guys wanted to catch a little live videogame music during the day, just swing on by. If not, I'll catch up with you guys maybe later on in the day (I'll ping Escariot about it), or at worst next meetup.

PEACE

-Dom

I'm planning to see Avenue Q one of these days. It's going to cost me probably $200 in gas to get to new york, and $70 for a ticket ($120 for the first 5 rows!), and parents will bitch like hell because they think a large group is safer (dad specifically says they have gangs with guns up there... how is a large group safer? I can't protect everyone!)

Once in a while you need to just get up and do it. I think we call that MAGFest and Otakon.

I'm planning to see Avenue Q one of these days. It's going to cost me probably $200 in gas to get to new york, and $70 for a ticket ($120 for the first 5 rows!), and parents will bitch like hell because they think a large group is safer (dad specifically says they have gangs with guns up there... how is a large group safer? I can't protect everyone!)

Once in a while you need to just get up and do it. I think we call that MAGFest and Otakon.

While your father is right to a certain degree, I highly doubt that a gang will hang around the theater of a Broadway musical. Also, is Avenue Q still playing? It's not going to be playing forever. Sometimes they go on tours.

While your father is right to a certain degree, I highly doubt that a gang will hang around the theater of a Broadway musical. Also, is Avenue Q still playing? It's not going to be playing forever. Sometimes they go on tours.

Yeah you can order tickets from their Web site. They have a tour schedule.

Will we have a ps2 this time?

i just noticed this question, I have a PS2 that i can bring, i have several multiplayer games as well that i'll bring, but i want them back!

Note: this makes me a definite for the meet up.

how does one find the monument though? i don't go to bmore much so i have no idea...

i just noticed this question, I have a PS2 that i can bring, i have several multiplayer games as well that i'll bring, but i want them back!

Note: this makes me a definite for the meet up.

how does one find the monument though? i don't go to bmore much so i have no idea...

The monument marks the intersection between Mt Vernon Place and Charles St. If you can get on charles street from the harbor and go north, you'll be there. If you're coming from the north and need to go south, jump on saint paul st and take a right onto mt vernon st.

It's coming up soon. So let's talk about what we can do. It's going to be around lunch when everyone meets up. Lunch! I would like to suggest a fine establishment located in the Inner Harbor known as Hooters. (Just kidding. Don't hurt me, pixie!) After lunch, we could head over to the Flowermart. It apparently has a bunch of musical/dancing performances and flowers (though it doesn't say specifically on the site, I'm sure it's more or less assumed). There is a Flowermart Superstar competition too. If you register for it early enough and there's an available spot, I'm sure you could participate. But the only catch is that you have to register by noon and perform at 1 PM (ends at 2 PM). They also offer a tour of the Garrett-Jacobs Mansion in Mt. Vernon Park, though I have no idea where that is. It looks to be a very fanciful looking piece of architecture inside and out.

Outside of the Flowermart, is there anything anyone else wants to do? Don't be afraid if others might not want to do it. The more suggestions the better. Is there any way we can walk around Peabody Conservatory? Some schools are more strict with their security than others. I would like to do this, since I haven't been there before, but I know that returning members might not want to. If anyone wants to toss a frisbee around, I'll make sure to bring one with me just as long as we don't lose it in the Harbor. :0

I suppose we spend the afternoon together then eat dinner. Is anything planned after that?

Lunch! I would like to suggest a fine establishment located in the Inner Harbor known as Hooters. (Just kidding. Don't hurt me, pixie!)

You laugh, but I actually hear their food is really good. I've never been there.

Every time I go out with people it seems to fall to Japanese, Mongolian, or Chinese. Unless I'm hanging at Denny's (my social life consists of Denny's, it's complicated).

Outside of the Flowermart, is there anything anyone else wants to do? Don't be afraid if others might not want to do it.

Let's get a Rick Astley CD and a portable boom box and spend 3 minutes at the Inner Harbor, then act like absolutely nothing happened and disperse.

Be cool to see one of those aforementioned performances, if it's not too long. binary's seems early and a bit distant, considering we may need at least a half-hour just to gather all of us, not to mention lunch, which I'll almost certainly need after catching a bus at 7:30 AM. When's Doug doing his thing, and where?

I'd like to get into Peabody again, take another pic at the staircase (I used the last one as wallpaper), maybe do another ersatz accapella. :tomatoface:

Have we got any definites on sleepovers? Leaving you guys on Sunday afternoon sucks a lot less than on Saturday afternoon.

Can Kroze get his VC SOR2 on his Wii? Can anyone else? I'd like to try out my Max/Axel skillz. Also looking to see Smash Brawl in action.

Wait, I got more: *Bill Cosby voice* any chance of trying out (perhaps helping out with) that famous zirco pudding? ...I just got an evil idea. Holding that thought...

BTW, after Shea Stadium got rickrolled, that fad pretty much died for me.

You laugh, but I actually hear their food is really good. I've never been there.

Hooters is overrated - food is overpriced, and the whole allure of looking at girls with big boobs dressed provocatively isn't as good as it sounds. However, eating at the inner harbor doesn't seem to lend to terribly many great choices that is within most people's budget...man I remember eating at the Rusty Scupper with my parents & brother and it costing ~$150.