MEETUP: Baltimore May '08 - pics page 19

DrumUltimA

The inner harbor does have the food court, Chipotle, Blue Bamboo, and that place we ate at last Otakon. All very reasonably priced options, for sure. If we wanted to bump it up a few more dollars, there's California Pizza Kitchen and La Tasca.

Just kidding about that last one.

There's also Never On Sunday (fast Italian/Greek food), Subway, and numerous <$10 buffet Indian places near Jill's apartment, should we choose to hang around there.

The inner harbor does have the food court, Chipotle, Blue Bamboo, and that place we ate at last Otakon. All very reasonably priced options, for sure. If we wanted to bump it up a few more dollars, there's California Pizza Kitchen and La Tasca.

There's also Never On Sunday (fast Italian/Greek food), Subway, and numerous <$10 buffet Indian places near Jill's apartment, should we choose to hang around there.

thats good cuz i only got 15 bucks to spend :sad: thanks to gta4 :sleepdepriv:

Put me down as a no now. I'm behind on my Prototype thanks to the awesomeness of MICA's print lab and it's demand for the 3d printer. Gotta spend my weekend now at the C and C machine cutting stuff out plus other finals. Fun Fun Fun

Anyway hope you guys have a lot of fun and hopefully I can see ya'll at the Otakon Convention meet up :)

If we wanted to bump it up a few more dollars, there's California Pizza Kitchen and La Tasca.

There's a crazy expensive place that I know in there called Fogo de Chão... Since we're bringing up really expensive places to eat... >_>

I really hate to do this, but I won't be able to swing the bill for this one, and I won't be able to make the time work with finals literally the day after the meetup (Given that it's officially over on Sunday). So I have to regretfully withdraw my tentative yes for this meetup. I will, however, be seeing a lot of you at Otakon, yes?

How many people here are going to have cars for the meetup? It would be great to get a sense seating space, because I'd like to do the Sunday BBQ if possible... and I'm sure others would, too!

I've only got 1 passenger capacity. You can either talk to me or listen to loud heavy metal.

which would you prefer? Wii or PS2 i'll only bring 1 system, and i have 2 Wiimote+nunchuck combos and 2 wiimotes, and 1 GC controller if we're doing Brawl.

For these group things, I think that the Wii would probably be better. Of course it all depends on what games you have for it. But other people can bring different games too. I think it's safe to say that there will be some Brawl action going on.

As for my situation, I think I'm going down to the D.C. area the night before. That way I can get a good night's sleep and then meet up with you guys the next day. My friend is coming along as well and we'll be driving up. Technically, we'll have two spaces in there. Not too sure if he's going to mind too much, but he's fairly chill overall. At the worst, he'll have to move junk from the backseat into the trunk. Also, for anyone driving, I believe that there's a pretty sweet deal for parking near the Flowermart. It's apparently all day parking for only 2 dollars. Check the site and use Google Maps to verify how far it is from the meeting spot, but it doesn't sound too far at all to me.

http://www.flowermart.org

http://maps.google.com

I've also got a Wii, though with only one Wiimote/nunchuk (one wired GCN controller, one off-brand wireless). But if Jiggles has us covered on that end, it may not be necessary for me to bring mine.

I also have a car (can fit five at the most), though my original plan was to park at the place I parked for Otakon and walk to the meetup and back. If I'm gonna be carting people around and we hang out Sunday too, then I'm gonna have to stay at somebody's place Saturday night, as I don't have the gas to drive to Baltimore and back twice.

Also, I don't know Baltimore too well, so if I drive, well... bring cellphones. In case.

my thing is at 7:30 pm. Unfortunately, I'm going to be in and out through some of the meetup--this week and weekend turned very busy on me!!! sorry :<

But I'll be able to host a couple people. Actually, everybody who needs a place to sleep should post so jill and I can divy it up!

In light of all the drop-outs, I feel like we could use some good news. So I'm officially coming!

To clarify, I will:

-Have a car

-Need a place to sleep over if I'm attending Sunday's BBQ (I'll have my own sleeping bag for me or somebody else)

-Bring my PS2 (if need be) and DS. Maybe even NES?

-Never give you up

-Never let you down...