MEETUP: Baltimore May '08 - pics page 19

DrumUltimA

Hey, looks like I'm not coming. Some friends from out of town came down to visit before the annual bigass Cinco De Mayo house party my house mates and I are having tonight (Tres De Mayo!!!), so I gotta be a host and entertain and all that.

I really wanted to come up and personally thank any of the people who helped me out by voting me up in the Ourstage competition.

Have a good time, and I'll probably see some of you at Otakon.

Okay for people coming to the BBQ:

Address:

35 Edgemoor Road

Timonium, MD 21093

Simple directions: Exit I-83 at the Timonium Road exit and head East. If you head into a lot of trees that's the wrong way. Keep going east to York Road (big confusing intersection) and keep going straight until you see a Citgo gas station on the left. It's the first right after that, my house is on the right with a driveway and the number 35 on the lamppost.

Light rail: If anyone's coming by light rail, call me before you get on the train so I can pick you up. You want the Timonium stop.

Phone: 410-905-0165 is my cell, you can also text short messages and questions.

Things should be starting around noon, and going as late as people want to/can stay.

How did today's meetup go?

Pretty awesome. Plenty of retarded pictures that should go up once certain people get a hold of Net access. I'm looking forward to the one of us all pulling a Street Fighter the Movie.

As for my issues with whether I'm going to the BBQ or not, I'm actually taking care of them now instead of tomorrow morning, so the only thing that may potentially bar me is just whether I can manage to wake myself up by 10am. :P

It's about 8AM.

I'm at Doug's; q-pa and ferret in front of me, getting extra sleep.

I'm, of course, working on stuff, Atomic Runner MIDIs in particular. zirkie both got the advance preview of my latest ReMix submission, Doug's recital piece was great, and everybody was on Brawl. The BBQ is next later today.

looks like you guys had fun today. i'd be willing to make the trip for a meetup in philly, but the 6th-8th is totally off limits for me. Katsu better post some of his pics when he gets them developed, i want to see my Shoryuken in front of Pixie's apartment building.

and hopefully even a Philly meetup next month.

No no no no nonononononoNONONONONONONO!!!!!!

I go to school in Carlisle, PA. Philly is maybe an hour and a half away by train.

However, at the end of this month (i.e. next month), I am going to the University of South Carolina for two months.

I return in August.

A Philly meetup NEXT month is the worst possible time for me.

Please have another one come the fall.

Meetup was very fun. Nice meeting you, Kulaman, as well as Ben (Katsurugi's friend) and of course it's always a pleasure to hang out with people I've already met too. :) This was one of the cheapest meetups in terms of meals, too. Those big restaurant excursions are always wallet-thinners.

As for a Philly meetup, I'll make a thread for it, but unfortunately (Pez) we're definitely shooting for late June/early July. I'd like to hang out with OCR peeps on or around my birthday, which is June 23rd, and plus Jill and I are moving into a new apartment right outside the city which is very nice. 32" HDTV, Xbox 360, Wii, and separate studio room for the win. We'd love to show it to y'all.

yeah, i definitely enjoyed meeting everyone, and i'd love an excuse to see philly again. I'll come if you don't mind having a raving lunatic in your apartment.

hey Pezman, would you go to a meetup in the Annapolis area of MD?

Regarding future meetups, stay tuned as we're planning something for October.

Cool.

@Pezman: Actually, I wasn't planning on even trying a meetup around Annapolis until September or October. Probably October since that's when my birthday is.

Oh... sure. Maybe. We'll see.

Tell me about the computer music concert.