Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

DarsMaul

You've got the Net Shop Shade right? Go to Minerva, steal 99 phoenix downs, get owned, sell them, repeat once or twice more and you have enough.

Not yet, just 23 missions and that Genji helm is all mine. Nice money making strategy btw.

FR, where is that clip from in your sig? It's a hoot.

Here

(read page 6 too)

This game was amazing, I payed for half of the game for my friend so I got the ability to beat it on his psp.

Everything was perfect. I teared up at the final scene of the game. I couldn't help it man, It was so sad ;_;

The worst part was I was in a room full of 6 guys when it happened, and I started tearing up and wiping my eyes with my sleeve, just couldn't stop it.

But the best thing about it was not one of them said shit, they KNEW how serious business it was. Oh man, it was fucking great.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I am new here and my English is not so good because I am from Hungary. But I being following Overclocked Remix for a while, and you are very talented people!

I have a PSP now and looking for good games. Being big fan of Final Fantasy games, do anyone here play Crisis Core? I hear it is very good from some friends, but that it have not "traditional" RPG form. What do you think? I should buy it?

All comments welcome!

Hello everyone. I am new here and my English is not so good because I am from Hungary. But I being following Overclocked Remix for a while, and you are very talented people!

All comments welcome!

I've only finished a handful of RPGs, and FFVII wasn't one of them. Mostly I didn't have the patience for it at the time (I was up to Mount Corona? With Tifa and party, I guess). But from what I played, it was a good game...

As for Crisis Core. I know next to nothing about it. Hopefully it's better than Advent Children.

I just started it yesterday and...I kinda think this game is dull and as much of a FF7 whoring game as I expected a spinoff to be. It definitely rubs off as fan service with the story so far what I've played of it (and missions 18% complete so far), and the combat is fairly bland too.

Thankfully I have custom firmware on my PSP, as I would've been pissed if I paid $40 for this product as it is.

• 3 months later...

My friend is wondering, as am I. that when they made FF7 they planned it out perfectly to make crisis, beacuse when ares says "My first boyfriend was that too" or whatever, thats after cloud said he was SOLIDER first class, shes refferring to Zack? this has me wondering, did they plan it out from the start? or did it just fit in place perfectly? Because im convinced it couldnt have just "Fit in place" so perfectly It had to be planned. What other reason could there be?

Edit: Could a Mod fix the Title? (Damn my typing)

Uh, no. Zack was in the first game, though only in flashbacks. It was pretty well established that...

1) Aeris and Zack dated before his death, and

2) Cloud took on Zack's memories.

So, no, it's not likely they planned that far in advance.

Well yeah, But it fit perfectly. Makes you wonder though.

Authors often know far more about the backstories of their characters than they ever actually reveal.

True. Ever read Tolkien's the Silmarillion? It is a book entirley made up of the background of middle earth, just a bunch of notes that his son compiled. Its a fricking book too.

and does anyone else passionately hate CC? combat was ass retarded

Yeah. Pretty sure the writers of FF7 had some notes left over. Nonetheless, it's awesome how they got everything to fit in Crisis Core, since the backstory provided in the original game is so minor and you'll need to really look around to get more (like the flashbacks in the lab). I'm still half way through CC and I'm loving all those motifs and past references. Reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4's storytelling as well, relying on those nostalgics to hook fans.

About the combat, I'll have to agree that it's an extremely weird system. It's almost as if the Saga team high-jacked the development of the game. My initial impressions were so negative. The more I played, the better the combat got...even though I don't know what's going on half of the time with those reels.

Crisis Core was a better game than FF7 itself.

As for Genesis and Angeal being forcefully put into the story, how do we know that? Angeal and Genesis never came into contact with anyone from FF7 except for Sephiroth and Cloud - you don't ever really have any deep conversations about the past with Sephiroth, and Cloud spends the large majority of the game emulating Zack. If Cloud only remember parts of his/Zack's life that Cloud himself was present for, how was he supposed to know about Angeal or Genesis?