Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

DarsMaul

I think it's time for a sequel to Final Fantasy VI now.

Yeah, I went there.

I wouldn't mind that.

Yea, that would be the worst spinoff ever. Final Fantasy VI: Reconstruction. Join Locke, Terra, and the gang as they fix old homes and rebuild towns destroyed by the forever dead Kefka. Fight your way against collapsed roofs, scavenger rats, and Gau's illiteracy.

There just isn't room for a sequel. Don't destroy what people love like the rest of what Square-Eunuch does.

Yea, that would be the worst spinoff ever. Final Fantasy VI: Reconstruction. Join Locke, Terra, and the gang as they fix old homes and rebuild towns destroyed by the forever dead Kefka. Fight your way against collapsed roofs, scavenger rats, and Gau's illiteracy.

There just isn't room for a sequel. Don't destroy what people love like the rest of what Square-Eunuch does.

There's plenty of room for a decent sequel. There's ALWAYS plenty of room for a decent sequel/prequel. Although I guess we could argue that they already did that with the whole FFVII series.

Yeah, I just went there.

wut

you're kidding right

cait sith had to have been the worst

OH HAY I'M A SHINRA SPY OR SOMETHING AND I TELL SHINRA EVERYTHING THAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING BUT I CARE ABOUT YOU REALLY I DO THAT'S WHY I CONTROL THIS ROBOT CAT RIDING A GIANT MOG THAT'S REALLY NOT THAT POWERFUL ALL THE TIME BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT I'LL TAG ALONG WITH YOU ANYWAY

Cid was just a male tsundere

Cait Sith was without doubt the stupidest character. Cid played his part well and even had a cool story behind why he was so rude to the girl. At least there was some humor behind Cid. Anytime I had to do storyline involving Cait Sith it felt like torture.

Oh hey I forgot to respond to these. I didn't mind Cait Sith that much; he was just doing his job. But I did want to head-thump the of the cast for taking him back in the party and, for that matter, for letting him tag along in the first place. Ominous fortune reading = bffl in Cloud's party, apparently.

Sides, his theme song was swanky. Be-dah-be-doo-be-dah-ba!

And FFVI sequel gets a NO.

I am sorry that I don't like him being super quirky and a pseudo Sora.

No wait, I am not sorry.

'hey guys I hear you're talking about a game well I haven't actually beaten the whole thing so I don't really know about the main character's gradual personality shift but I don't like how he is in the first hour or so so I guess that's how he must have stayed'

There's plenty of room for a decent sequel. There's ALWAYS plenty of room for a decent sequel/prequel.

Lies and slander. For FFVII there was plenty of prequel room but basically no sequel room, given that the game tells the story of the very END of an eons-long conflict between Jenova and the Planet (vis-a-vis the Ancients). For FFVIII there's tons of sequel room but very little prequel room (as Cid and Edea created SeeD not-too-long before the game started).

Although I guess we could argue that they already did that with the whole FFVII series.

Touche, sir. Advent Children was visually impressive but added nothing to the story for precisely this reason. They had to revive about four different people from the dead (Sephiroth, Jenova, Rufus, and Tseng), completely invent some other things (the antagonist triplets, "geostigma"), and ignore stuff that actually happened in the games (why are Zack and Aeris still hanging around? Shouldn't they have 'returned to the Planet' by now? Didn't Midgar get all blown up at the end of the game?) in order to make it work at all.

You raise a few points, but what I was getting at is that FFVII is just another version of FFVI minus the victorian steampunk setting and elegance.

it's like Midgar is The Imperial City mixed with a Zozo-esque underbelly, while Gestahl is President Shinra, who's obsessed with draining the life of espers, much like Shinra draining the life of the planet, etc. etc.

I could go on.

Didn't Midgar get all blown up at the end of the game?) in order to make it work at all.
Although it's never officially mentioned in the movie, Advent Children takes place in a new city called "Edge" that formed itself around Midgar. Midgar was destroyed. Do you remember when Marline was narrating in the beginning, and you get to see the 'sister ray' (worst name possible) but all around it was ruin and destruction.
it's like Midgar is The Imperial City mixed with a Zozo-esque underbelly, while Gestahl is President Shinra, who's obsessed with draining the life of espers, much like Shinra draining the life of the planet, etc. etc.

I could go on.

Please don't.

Although it's never officially mentioned in the movie, Advent Children takes place in a new city called "Edge" that formed itself around Midgar. Midgar was destroyed. Do you remember when Marline was narrating in the beginning, and you get to see the 'sister ray' (worst name possible) but all around it was ruin and destruction.

I've been trying to figure out forever where the heck all of this info is.

care to point me in the right direction?

You raise a few points, but what I was getting at is that FFVII is just another version of FFVI minus the victorian steampunk setting and elegance.

I could go on.

This is true of every story ever. Go look up "The Hero with 1,000 Faces". Or just browse the TV Tropes Wiki for a while.