Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

DarsMaul

I actually liked part 3 (assuming we're still talking about The Matrix here) better than 2, but this is just me here. And Chrono Cross really didn't give me any sort of negative thoughts about the series, since it actually IS one of my favourite games... *ducks down*

http://www.projectcoe.com/sony/games/crisis_core.html?var1=sc3

I was extremely weirded out by the gameplay at first. But then it really grew on me despite the repetitiveness of it all. Missions started to become addicting and Materia fusion is pretty cool.

All in all, this is the best PSP game I've ever played. The plot, storyline, and production values are just about perfect. There's a great balance between nostalgia and fresh scenarios, the latter blending extremely well into old plots such as the Neibelhem incident and Zack's escape. Really loved the amount of fan-service and backstory...not to mention the inevitable and bittersweet ending.

Man, even the music is fucking amazing. Extremely addicting soundtrack that OCR should start remixing. The motifs are really cool and the live instruments (especially the guitars) are awesome. I know that zircon is a huge fan of a game so perhaps he can take a whack at it in his free time.

To be fair, if I could remix like a vet, I'd have my hands full getting through the list of things I'd want to do. So I don't fault anyone for not taking my input, regardless of how awesome it might be (shameless plug was requisite; I regret nothing). I'm amazed, and very happy, that things like PRC even exist.

But half of my post was to say ugh... maybe it was the recording, but I swear I felt my ears bleeding.

You do realize I responded positively to this one.

But surely you don't seriously consider that it would be easy to remix Sakimoto's work perfectly in the blink of an eye, do you?

I have my hands full ATM. But this is on my top priority list, cuz it's my favorite composer & one of my favorite soundtrack/game ever. I hear you KB.

Yeah, I always figured remixing stuff required a crapload of time and effort. I remember I tried to do something with Fruityloops way back when it was just the most simple thing and I had NO IDEA what to do, so I sorta threw my hands up relatively quickly. Pretty much, that's why I just stick to video editing and boredly writing lyrics in my spare time, lol.

I DO have to admit that some OCR remixes of Crisis Core songs might be pretty good for sure.

You do realize I responded positively to this one.

But surely you don't seriously consider that it would be easy to remix Sakimoto's work perfectly in the blink of an eye, do you?

I have my hands full ATM. But this is on my top priority list, cuz it's my favorite composer & one of my favorite soundtrack/game ever. I hear you KB.

Right. Sorry. Forgot a remixer had responded.

It's surprisingly hard to even type with a foot in your mouth, so I'm going to stop now.