*NO* Tetris 'The Future of Korobeiniki'

djpretzel

Well, nice drum work, I suppose... and nice processing on the synths.... too bad the arrangement needs a lot of work. Playing the same melody over and over using different instruments is not variation, or at least not enough. Especially not when, for the majority of the song, that melody is ALL there is besides the drums. I'd love to hear this with some bass, and some synth backing, cause right now the melody line is really really lonely! Or it feels intimidated by the drums and needs support, however you want to think of it.

But, enough of the bad analogies. Time to get down to business and vote NO.

With the instant recognition that the Tetris theme has, you had better do something damn amazing as a remix to get any attention. And this doesn't cut it. While the sequencing of the lead is well structured, it becomes stale almost immediately with little to no rearrangement or fresh interpretation. The overpowering drums, though striking in their rambunctious flavor, are at times not even in sync with the lone melody, and the shaker/snare panned to the left is too prominent. Add more layers, try a different lead here and there, get different beats, and spice this up. It's just plain boring.

NO

I gave this one 3 listens, there are a couple good ideas here, I like what he did with the drums at parts, makes me nod my head. But there is little variation on the theme, it gets traded around by different instruments, some of them interesting, most of them a little dry... but the melody is the same each time.

I could tell right away this was tracked, I recognize some of these samples. He probably ripped them from various other MODs or S3Ms. Most of them are lofi, you can clearly hear the 22khz or maybe even 11khz downsampling artifacts, aargh! is there any excuse for that? Find decent samples online or make them yourself.

no