Final Fantasy VII Remix ('One Winged Angel')

entraik

The first 48 seconds are repetitive and weak. I like the atmosphere of them, but you could drop it all down to 30 seconds or so, and give the metal pipes a bit more weight, maybe drop them an octave. The first 30 seconds are the most repetitive bit, work on those.

The piano, while haunting (in this case, that's a good thing), is rigid and doesn't seem to fit in during the choir section. It's also a lonely few-finger melody, you could use the piano to fill up some of the low mids and high lows when the choir stops.

I like the overall style, and from hearing Hold Steady while cleaning up this reply, I can tell you've got talent.

PRODUCTION

[X] Unrealistic sequencing (it's too rigid)

[x] Drums have no energy

STRUCTURE

[X] Too repetitive

Good start, interesting take. Same old source but with a style like this, I don't mind.

one thing i would definitely suggest is starting the piano in the center of the audio scape. Having it panned to the left seems to take away from the soundscape. If you you like that effect, just put less isolated to the right. Since it is the introductory melody, its important that it take center stange IMO.

I really like that high-pitched finger cymbal. I Might think about countering it 4 measures in with a real bassy natural percussion drum to help build it in, possibly a timpani or taiko drum (i have no clue what libraries are available for FL studio).

Nice remixing of the drums tho! very much provocative and involving.

I don't know how I could critique this, as this is beyond my skill lol. I really really like it though. You know the glitch-roll thing you do though? Make it really heavy industrial drums or something to make it even more epic ><

PLUS I love your other songs on your site - I could learn a thing or two about atmospheric stuff from you ><

I don't know how I could critique this, as this is beyond my skill lol. I really really like it though. You know the glitch-roll thing you do though? Make it really heavy industrial drums or something to make it even more epic ><

PLUS I love your other songs on your site - I could learn a thing or two about atmospheric stuff from you ><

the glitching is really not that hard man.. if you have fl studio that is :D

basically a combination of the slicerx tool and laying out cuts on the piano roll :D.. works wonders.