April is Support OCR month

big giant circles

my guilt-o-meter is sensin some massive guilt waves commin in from this thread

looks like im sucked in too oh well gg for me ill bite

Seriously though, if one does not exactly like the stickers and doesn't have enough to buy a hoodie yet, can they just donate and still get their name mentioned in the original post? If so, expect a donation soon.

(question 2 to be coming soon)

my guilt-o-meter is sensin some massive guilt waves commin in from this thread

looks like im sucked in too oh well gg for me ill bite

Seriously though, if one does not exactly like the stickers and doesn't have enough to buy a hoodie yet, can they just donate and still get their name mentioned in the original post? If so, expect a donation soon.

yes, i'll mention anyone who contributes in any form. although, the public recognition should really not be the primary motivation for your donation, but rather, quite simply a mere thanks from myself and anyone else who echoes my feelings.

Excellent. This then leads me to my second question.

Is there an alternate way to donate for those of us lacking the "plastic" that is needed to donate normally?

EDIT: Upon further exploration of the "Donate" section of the site, I found an address to snail mail my donation.

Expect it within 1-2 weeks.

ima be a star baby a star

yes, i'll mention anyone who contributes in any form. although, the public recognition should really not be the primary motivation for your donation, but rather, quite simply a mere thanks from myself and anyone else who echoes my feelings.

Public recognition for donating to a cause is humorous and kinda mezzed up. I said that for the "lulz". I honestly couldn't care less if I get my name up there. For me, it is about contributing to a site that helped me meet possibly the best friends I have ever had. Yes, they may be "e-friends", but after becoming really close to them, they are more than that. The members of the site that were supportive during the 'darker' times of my life really have such a warm spot in my heart. I am more than happy to help the website that made me feel as though I was truly worth something when I lost all hope. It was definitely a strength boost.

Dramatic sounding, yes, but I speak from my heart. Each and every member of this site, lurker or poster, all have such a warm spot in my heart. There have been many times that I have not exactly been on the "happy side" with some members here, but that is because really, I just do it for fun :P. There will never really be a time where I honestly never liked any of you *including bluefox :o*.

I will be happy to donate to this site if it is to help it's survival and make it prosper for years to come. There is a reason I have this as my home page. I love it and everyone involved, past present and future.

I've got some money coming in for my college expenses pretty soon (such as food and such). I can part with a meal to support this place. After all, listening to the music from here has kept me going when I had no motivation, it was Mahaboo's LRS&S thread in Offtop that helped me through some of my rougher times (a thread that would not exist without OCR in the first place), and I met one of my closer friends here at VT through this place. I'm in a much more favorable situation largely due to this site, directly and indirectly. So as soon as I get that money, I'll contribute what I can. This place deserves it.

I'll let you know when I make the donation.

Heyo.

I'm at a race tonight and tomorrow, so I don't have access to my monies/credo card, but I will be buying some items from the OCStore tomorrow night or sunday. I'll be sure to let you know what is purchased. There wouldn't be any way that I can just tag on 10 extra bucks to go along with my order as a dontaion that way?

EDIT:

Public recognition for donating to a cause is humorous and kinda mezzed up. I said that for the "lulz". I honestly couldn't care less if I get my name up there. For me, it is about contributing to a site that helped me meet possibly the best friends I have ever had. Yes, they may be "e-friends", but after becoming really close to them, they are more than that. The members of the site that were supportive during the 'darker' times of my life really have such a warm spot in my heart. I am more than happy to help the website that made me feel as though I was truly worth something when I lost all hope. It was definitely a strength boost.

Dramatic sounding, yes, but I speak from my heart. Each and every member of this site, lurker or poster, all have such a warm spot in my heart. There have been many times that I have not exactly been on the "happy side" with some members here, but that is because really, I just do it for fun :P. There will never really be a time where I honestly never liked any of you *including bluefox :o*.

I will be happy to donate to this site if it is to help it's survival and make it prosper for years to come. There is a reason I have this as my home page. I love it and everyone involved, past present and future.

I hadn't read through the whole post when I first posted, but after looking over, what Arek said has struck a large chord with me as well. I spent a good amount of time lurking here before joining, and even reading everyone's interaction style was kind of, warming, shall we say. Now even more so that I've started frequenting #clanOCR, even though I haven't been around particularly long its a good place to be; in general everyone there is more mature than the people around me, so it helps take the edge off of a day.

In closing, everyone has at least one definitive "thank you OCR" post, and think of this as mine. I have a very soft spot for this site, and the people in it, and I hope to be a part of it for a long long time. And I'm sure as I get to know more of you I'll get to enjoy it, and you all, even more.

Heyo.

I'm at a race tonight and tomorrow, so I don't have access to my monies/credo card, but I will be buying some items from the OCStore tomorrow night or sunday. I'll be sure to let you know what is purchased. There wouldn't be any way that I can just tag on 10 extra bucks to go along with my order as a dontaion that way?

just click the paypal link and do the donation seperate. takes 2 minutes, tops. :P

I hadn't read through the whole post when I first posted, but after looking over, what Arek said has struck a large chord with me as well. I spent a good amount of time lurking here before joining, and even reading everyone's interaction style was kind of, warming, shall we say. Now even more so that I've started frequenting #clanOCR, even though I haven't been around particularly long its a good place to be; in general everyone there is more mature than the people around me, so it helps take the edge off of a day.

In closing, everyone has at least one definitive "thank you OCR" post, and think of this as mine. I have a very soft spot for this site, and the people in it, and I hope to be a part of it for a long long time. And I'm sure as I get to know more of you I'll get to enjoy it, and you all, even more.

Public recognition for donating to a cause is humorous and kinda mezzed up.

just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with public recognition to those who donate. what would be messed up is if someone were donating SPECIFICALLY and SOLELY to receive recognition.

You're right, the main motivating factor should be that if you are here, you appreciate this site and have probably profited in some way from it--not monetarily, but either in new music, friendships, advice, etc.

WE'RE DOING WELL, PEOPLE. BUT 22/840 IS STILL A REALLY WEAK RATIO. (~2.5%). Help in a decent cause, folks.

i don't have a paypal account either. you can just make a regular credit/debit card payment without signing up for one. :)

O. Well sweet, then I shall do that as well when I get back! Kinda makes me wish I'd brought my wallet to this race. I'll be back in home territory soon though, feel free to pester me until I follow through (not that I will need any).