Continuing Education?

So, as I sit around my house fiddling around with FL Studio, practicing my trumpet, and reading the forums here at OCR, I start thinking to myself, Man, It would be nice to get back into a music education. Unfortunately, I am not a man of means, and working retail management doesn't allow for a lot of free time.

Point being this: with so many like-minded musicians on these forums, perhaps someone has a suggestion for a decent, reasonably inexpensive school I could attend (via online classes, hopefully) wherein I could rekindle not only my Love for music and composition, but my ability as well.

I know there are those of you like me out there who have lurked these forums for years, who wish they could earn a living doing something they love, who respect and envy the success of our peers. Perhaps someone has some advice that could help all of us, those just getting into music as well as those trying to get back into it. I have read the tutorials, taken out books on the subject, watched video guides, and spent hours in front of the computer just trying to figure some of it out. Hard work and determination are critical, but with neither the proper tools nor resources, nor the means by which to procure them, or even the knowledge of How, we could be depriving ourselves of what could be the opportunity to be truly happy.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I know I'm asking the question for myself, but I hope it benefits others out there. More musicians means more good music for us all to download from OCR, right?

Thanks to any who take the time to read this, and thanks to any of you who have some suggestions!!