*NO* System Shock 2 'Overload'

djpretzel

Very Good. I don't know the original. If someone can confirm this is from SS2 and can verify it changes things around a bit, that'd be great. I'd say it's a definite post, we just need to confirm if possible . . . ? -djp

artist: pluhgt

artist website: http://pluhgt.enigmati.ca

song title: overload

game title: system shock 2

song url:

thanks!

Hmmm... it sounds familiar. I used to be a System Shock 2 addict, so... but I don't know if I'd trust my memory on the music. But like I said, it sounds familiar. It could be that I'm being thrown off by the way its arranged, but due to my all-around uncertainty, I don't know if it's wise to go based on my belief at all.

Fucking cool though. If my ears serve me correctly, this was done in FL, and if I'm right about that, this person actually knows how to effectively use FL :) The use of samples from the game is also fan-fucking-tastic.

I was able to find 6 tracks from SS2 but none of them seemed to be the one this guy was remixing unless he changed it around considerably. I e-mailed him a week ago asking what the original track was and have gotten no response. I don't like passing judgement on a remix when I haven't been able to review the original, but I guess I'm out of options.

This is pretty good, it's just really really boring. Even the sounds that carry the song throughout don't change much, minor volume & filter env automation on some instruments, but... it's not quite enough. I would give this a yes if maybe it was just a tiny bit more interesting.

no

Ah ha, the guy finally answers me, here's the e-mail I sent him and his response...

Perhaps one of the other members of the judging panel have already contacted you about this, but we aren't qutie sure what track from System Shock 2 that you remixed. Could you please respond with the name of the original track or where it appears in the game or link me to an MP3 of the original? It would assist us with our judging, most of us are unfamiliar with SS2's music.

my apologies,

i was not aware that the track needed to be a direct remix of a song from the game. i wrote this while inspired by the Engineering level music, and sampled sound effects and voice clips throughout the song. when i posted it in the system shock 2 forum it was suggested that i send it in to this contest, which i had no knowledge of.

well, I guess that wraps things up?