The Black Mages III - Darkness and Starlight

Animae

I can't believe there have been no discussions around this album. Are the Black Mages frowned upon in the OCremix comunity? If anyone missed it, it was released on the 19 of March this year. I haven't heard it yet, but I plan to in the near future.

How could you say you "can't find it anywhere" when there are links in this very thread? Or are you advocating piracy?

Why are your panties ALWAYS in a bunch, Zircon?

The big man managed to post the link right when I was posting mine, I.E. it wasn't there before until after I hit post reply... By that point I went on my merry way to other things.

Besides, why the hell am I gonna buy something without previewing it first?

Because previewing in the sense of downloading MP3s shared illegally is also illegal?

You and DJP's simultaneous posts aside, you didn't try very hard to find it legally. I found it in about 10 seconds on the Canadian version of Amazon, probably in less time than it took you to post that you couldn't find it.

You can hear a preview on the official site.

I can't believe there have been no discussions around this album. Are the Black Mages frowned upon in the OCremix comunity? If anyone missed it, it was released on the 19 of March this year. I haven't heard it yet, but I plan to in the near future.

Your unbelief apparently wasn't enough to make you try an actual search...there have been a couple Black Mages III related topics already. I wouldn't say they're frowned upon, but they tend to be a bit on the cover-ish side, so it makes them kind of predictable. I've heard much better from the fan community to be sure.

You can hear a preview on the official site.

Your unbelief apparently wasn't enough to make you try an actual search...there have been a couple Black Mages III related topics already. I wouldn't say they're frowned upon, but they tend to be a bit on the cover-ish side, so it makes them kind of predictable. I've heard much better from the fan community to be sure.

Yeah, I did a search, but none of the threads had any discussion of the album after it was released. Furthermore, one of the threads was about an interview, and the other one was about the previews if I remember correctly.

I agree that they tend to make to little variations in the songs, but some of their material is good. And I also agree that the fan community has produced better covers/remixes. :)

I've listened to most of the album. I was pretty excited after having listened to the previews, but the album really was a let-down. Some of the tracks were alright, but nothing worth tossing money at. I tried listening to their "epic" track based on the FF6 Opera Scene, but I couldn't stand the vocals for more than half a minute or so.

Because previewing in the sense of downloading MP3s shared illegally is also illegal?

You and DJP's simultaneous posts aside, you didn't try very hard to find it legally. I found it in about 10 seconds on the Canadian version of Amazon, probably in less time than it took you to post that you couldn't find it.

Illegal != Wrong. The minute we start taking our moral basis from the legal system is the day we've got it all backwards.

Because they've released two bitchin albums previously and they're not exactly going to change a successful formula?

I hate to play the negative, but part three just plain sucks. Not even the Neo Exdeath track managed to interest me, and Celes/Maria in the opera track sounds like she's 300 lbs or more. This is coming from someone who loved the crap out of the first two.

Illegal != Wrong. The minute we start taking our moral basis from the legal system is the day we've got it all backwards.

No, of course not, and I didn't say that or even imply it. I did imply that for whatever reason, it's forum policy not to openly discuss pirating, and zircon, as a moderator, is responsible for enforcing that policy. So it's understandable that when someone raises a comment that sounds like an advocacy for pirating, it'd raise a red flag with zircon.

No, of course not, and I didn't say that or even imply it. I did imply that for whatever reason, it's forum policy not to openly discuss pirating, and zircon, as a moderator, is responsible for enforcing that policy. So it's understandable that when someone raises a comment that sounds like an advocacy for pirating, it'd raise a red flag with zircon.

Ah, my mistake then. I apologize and thank you for handling that so graciously.

Actually, that's wrong - you CAN discuss pirating, but you just can't link or mention any place where to get stuff illegally.

Actually, that's wrong - you CAN discuss pirating, but you just can't link or mention any place where to get stuff illegally.

Fair enough. Although at least in this specific case, zircon seemed to favour a preemptive warning rather than having to edit out a link after the fact.