New WIP

I'm not entirely sure of what you're talking about. There's only hats (3), a cymbal, a snare, a bass drum, and a rain effect. Looking at the waveform, nothing really stands out as being that loud, and the higher frequencies are fairly subdued. Things sound fine to me on both my speakers and headphones.

Probably was the snare. Listening to it again, it's not too hard on my ear, so I probably had the headphones on a little high. But, I still thinks it's a little rough.

I can see why you'd call it atmospheric break beat. The snare (assuming I guessed right) contrasts the other, more floaty sounds.

Can't say any more, though. I'm only equipped for a very basic analysis.

I like the arrangment of the instruments. Sounds good. Bass transition is excellent, reminds me of a megaman boss stage.

The snare dosen't bother me at all, I don't know maybe its because I wasn't using my headphones.

Volume balancing isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.

Nice chill groove Jerry.

I really like it. Everything sounds good in the mix to me, and I love the direction you were going. The only thing I don't care for is tha snare but it's not a major thing. It just sounds a little too sharp to me, but not by much. If it's attack was brought down a tiny bit I think it might fit better, but even still I think it's a great tune. I don't really have anything to say about where you should take it, but I look forward to hearing it when you figure something out.

Thank you guys very much. I'll drop the snare volume down a bit for the next WIP. I think the reason why I'm having trouble writing right now is because I went out and bought a Wii and it's kind of been taking up a lot of my time. And it's distracting. I'll probably get around to working on this more in a few weeks, when the new console excitement wears down.

Thank you guys very much. I'll drop the snare volume down a bit for the next WIP. I think the reason why I'm having trouble writing right now is because I went out and bought a Wii and it's kind of been taking up a lot of my time. And it's distracting. I'll probably get around to working on this more in a few weeks, when the new console excitement wears down.

We're getting a Wii soon ourselves still looking for one though.

Have fun dude! Don't let it take up to much of your time which can easily be done. It's got some awesome games heading its way.

I have the same problem with school and COD4. I have a few songs sitting half done because both have been eating up my time, but once this semester's exams are over (in a week and a half) I'll finally be done for good and can spend my last summer vacation ever writing. Fuck I can't wait.

A little more on topic; it may take a few attempts to get past some writers block, but if what you have so far is any indication, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great.

• 2 weeks later...

http://blabstation.net/jerry/atmosphericbreaks.mp3

New update, not a ton of new stuff. Added some more effects, changed some balancing, new content at the end (like a whole 30 seconds of it!). I did make some progress on the intro and stuff, but I'm not sure if I like it yet so I left it out.

The Wii excitement is wearing off and I can get back into a more normal scheme of things. This will probably be near done in a week or two. I also made some progress on Fractured Mechanics, and some other random WIPs that I haven't posted here.

Just gave it a listen and I still love it. Did you do much to the snare? It sounds to me like the slight sharpness that was bothering me before is reduced to a more pleasant level. The difference is so subtle though that I'm not sure if it's actually the snare you changed or something else. Hopefully my ears aren't just playing tricks on me.

Just gave it a listen and I still love it. Did you do much to the snare? It sounds to me like the slight sharpness that was bothering me before is reduced to a more pleasant level. The difference is so subtle though that I'm not sure if it's actually the snare you changed or something else. Hopefully my ears aren't just playing tricks on me.

Snare attack was reduced by a slight amount. I gave it a listen on some other pairs of headphones and it had a bit too much bite.

Hello all! I have another WIP, so I'll go ahead and post it in this thread. This is actually a super old WIP that I just picked back up and made a whole lot better.

Hey this is nice! I recommend finishing it, nice ambient atmosphere. Dosen't seem super old. :) Very enjoyable!

Hey this is nice! I recommend finishing it, nice ambient atmosphere. Dosen't seem super old. :) Very enjoyable!

Thanks. This isn't necessarily all old. The lead melody and instrument are new, the drums are brand new (in the old one they were terrible), and strings part is brand new. So it's mostly just the backing tracks (bass, pads, running synth) that are super old =P

And yes, I plan on finishing this. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm liking the new Fractured Mechanics alot. Drums are cool and bass is awesome.

Its sort of ambient and upbeat at the same time. I like it.

Out of the two.....I like the new track a tad bit more, sweet atmosphere really relaxing.

Strings contribute tremendously. I also like how the arp gradually comes in.

The synthesizers actually in both tracks are used well.

Good job Jerry. Awesome stuff.