Nintendo asking for Virtual Console suggestions

Liontamer

I seriously doubt they'll add online play to older games. This is Nintendo, remember? I don't think the Wii has the infrastructure to support it either, compared to the 360 or even the PS3.

I think they said the same of RPGs too, for some reason or the other.

If it's at all possible, I wish they had Shining Force 1-3. Basically nobody seems to remember that series, not even Sega.

Hey, they remade Shining Force for GBA. I bought it. I do think it has sort of been eclipsed by Fire Emblem though, which is kinda the same thing, but with more depth.

I'm pretty sure he mean the PC-Engine game. Castlevania: Dracula X, despite what so many claim, is not Akumajō Dracula X Chi no Rondo. The two games share a nearly identical soundtrack, and the whole "rescue girls to the change the ending" deal as well. However, the stages, bosses and such are all completely different. Basically, they built a new game, then took parts of Rondo to finish it... or, they were making Rondo, said "fuck it", and scrapped a lot of it for new stuff.

Yup, that's the one.

Hey, they remade Shining Force for GBA. I bought it. I do think it has sort of been eclipsed by Fire Emblem though, which is kinda the same thing, but with more depth.

I wouldn't count a remake to be a real successor to Shining Force. It's like with Phantasy Star. They keep spinning off course instead of making true sequels.

I know the first Shining Force on the market, but that's like saying Phantasy Star 1 is there when the best version, Phantasy Star 4 isn't there.

I find it funny that most VC requests are like a cry for help for RPGs.

I agree with Actraiser though. More relatively obscure games if possible. Actraiser 2, UN Squadron, Secret of Mana. I think I keep mentioning some games that are either already available for Japan or don't have that sequel tagged on.

Just hope that the Rondo of Blood special edition with SotN will be ported over to the PS2 much like how Silent Hill: Origins had been,

1. Mother2

2. SMRPG (good times)

3. Kirby Super Star

4. CLOCKTOWER (GOD DAMN IT IS IT SO HARD TO OFFICIALLY TRANSLATE IT AND RELEASE IT TO THE WEST?! IS IT?! NOTE* I'M REFERRING TO THE SNES ORIGINAL

5. Castlevania (PC-Engine Version)

Note: To those that are asking if Actraiser to come out, it's already on the VC and for a good while now... and Actraiser 2 was nothing like Actraiser 1, and it sucked wet donkey balls...

Shining Force is already on the VC, and Shining Force II is slated to be released at some point already. And with SF3 being a Saturn game (or trio of games), I doubt it's coming onto the VC anytime soon.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Everyone needs to request:

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Translated): We need to show kids nowadays that the series amounts to more than awful DS games.

Earthbound: For the whole Mother 3 campaign thing.

Chrono Trigger: For the whole "new Chrono game" campaign thing.

Too bad they couldn't get the PC Gemfire/Royal Blood 2 to the VC. It looked bigger than the orignal, but still. I'd love to see at least one of them getting the limelight. Maybe with a tougher AI and more scenarios and or maps. But thats just me.

1.- Super Mario RPG

2.- Chrono Trigger

3.- Super Mario RPG (Earthbound)

4.- Chrono Trigger (lol ClockTower. Friggin' scary game)

5.- Super Mario RPG (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, just cus 2 player and I never got the chance to beat it)

True, but I think the success of Fire Emblem shows the Shining series has an excellent chance to renew its fanbase.