Uwe Bolle promises to stop for 1,000,000 signatures

Shadowe

From Slashfilm and Slashdot.

When FearNet mentioned to Boll a petition online signed by 18,000 people requesting that he cease making films, Boll responded that “18,000 is not enough to convince me.” So how much would be enough?

“One million,” Boll said. “Now we have a new goal.”

unclesamky0.gif

Do Your Part, OCR!

p.s. that picture was a link

Why do you have this fascination with adding "e" to words and names that do not end with an "e"?

[/sarcastic reply]

I don't understand why people want him to stop. For one thing, there are clearly people who pay to see his movies, so why oh why should he stop? You don't actually think anyone would stop doing something that sells just because the people who don't buy want them to? And for another, I find some of the things he's made a good laugh. Not everything has to be taken so seriously.

Why do you have this fascination with adding "e" to words and names that do not end with an "e"?

Because about 10 years ago when I started using this name most places had a 15 character limit and "Shadow of Eternity" is too long.

It's a weird habbit to have (that e thing) I apparently do it too, and also leave off L's where they need to be, and put U's in random places. Drove atleast one of my English teachers batty.

Also, I don't care if this guy stops making movies or not to be honest. And I doubt he'd actually live up to a petition for it.

First, I'd like to point out that petitions don't really mean anything. All it would do is point out that one million people would like him to stop. It's not a legal document or legally binding contract, it's just a list of names who agree with the point of the article. That's all.

Second, it's an on-line petition. Those are worthless. They aren't worth the paper they aren't printed. No one takes those seriously. I have never heard of one single case where an on-line petition has done anything except get dropped intot eh recycle bin on someone's email account.

Third, do you really think he would actually do anything? Do you? In all likelihood, he'd just look it over for a few seconds, toss it in the garbage and go back to ruining whatever film he's on at the moment. He's hasn't made any promise to stop, and even if he did, do you honestly expect him to keep such a promise? This guy has been telling studios and producers that he won't make a shitty movie, and he still delivers piles of shit on film. He's already stated a dislike of gamers, so do you really think he'll keep a promise to them?

This petition is pointless. You don't want him to make movies, do it the way that will be loudest and clearest: don't pay to watch them. If he tanks at the box office again and again, no one will want him for their film. Is a general boycott likely to do anything? Probably not, but it's better than a non-existent document like an on-line petition.

First, I'd like to point out that petitions don't really mean anything. All it would do is point out that one million people would like him to stop. It's not a legal document or legally binding contract, it's just a list of names who agree with the point of the article. That's all.

Second, it's an on-line petition. Those are worthless. They aren't worth the paper they aren't printed. No one takes those seriously. I have never heard of one single case where an on-line petition has done anything except get dropped intot eh recycle bin on someone's email account.

Third, do you really think he would actually do anything? Do you? In all likelihood, he'd just look it over for a few seconds, toss it in the garbage and go back to ruining whatever film he's on at the moment. He's hasn't made any promise to stop, and even if he did, do you honestly expect him to keep such a promise? This guy has been telling studios and producers that he won't make a shitty movie, and he still delivers piles of shit on film. He's already stated a dislike of gamers, so do you really think he'll keep a promise to them?

This petition is pointless. You don't want him to make movies, do it the way that will be loudest and clearest: don't pay to watch them. If he tanks at the box office again and again, no one will want him for their film. Is a general boycott likely to do anything? Probably not, but it's better than a non-existent document like an on-line petition.

Listen to this man. He spews wisdom and logic.

I think the point is, they've got him on record saying he will stop if it reaches 1 million signatures.

If THAT many people want him to stop making films, regardless of whether he stops or not, I think it'd be a newsworthy story and should basically ruin his rep (even more than he's done himself)

In other words, no one who made the petition really should believe he'd stop making films, but the fact that someone would sign a petition is hilarious in itself, and the fact that he responded to it is even more so.

It's the internet, it's all for the lulz, and I find this very entertaining.

I agree with you entirely. Though I just feel like asserting that I find it hilarious that he hates gamers yet continually makes films based on video games. I mean, quality of the movie aside, who's the target audience for that kind of film, anyway?

Just one of those amusing dualities out there.

Bah, I say let him keep making movies. If it's what he wants to do, provides a few jobs for the people that work for him and actors and what not, what does it hurt that his movies suck? I don't watch em.

It hurts the chances for a fan of the series to a halfway decent attempt of a film anytime in the near future. Fans may often be overly picky about adaptations, but they don't deserve the crap Uwe puts out.

Boll wouldn't stop even if twenty million signed it. As goofy as it sounds, the guy loves his work, even if virtually no one else does. He enjoys the process, and has fun. Sure the end results suck harder than a super massive black hole, but hey... he's gotta get it kind of right once. Right?

Maybe?

Okay, a .001% chance of that happening, but still...

Me, or Uwe Boll? Because petitions really don't work, and he actually does make terrible movies.

Unless you're saying that saying petitions don't work is overdone, and thus a cliché... then I don't know what to tell you.

I agree with you that the petition ultimately won't do a whole lot, but I think we can also agree that the petition isn't hurting anything either (except Uwe, of course). If you don't want to sign it, fine. If you want to, that's cool too. Who cares if it's going to do much of anything? It takes only a few seconds to either add your name to the list or decide not to do it. No big deal, right?

This is childish. If you don’t like his movies, the best way to petition is to just not see them. It’s that simple.

This.

Honestly, like so many have stated, this is an ON-LINE pettion. Nobody takes them seriously. You know how many folks like to act stupid when signing online pettions?

Me, or Uwe Boll? Because petitions really don't work, and he actually does make terrible movies.

Unless you're saying that saying petitions don't work is overdone, and thus a cliché... then I don't know what to tell you.

If you read what he linked, I think he is referring to your notion that "if Boll's movies tank again and again no one will want to back him to make more." This is probably untrue, because unless his movies actually net negative income at the box office, Boll's German financiers will still be turning a profit thanks to the government's little incentive program.