Sonic Unleashed

Sir_NutS

I can still imagine that a 2D Sonic game might save the poor hedgehog. Lush, beautiful cartoon-like graphics, side-scrolling, no more post-'95 characters. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails. The original trio. No more rapping, no more ska, no more hog-idolage. Classic Sonic songs remixed officially by officials.

Heh, so I just replayed Sonic 2 on my Virtual Console. Good times...I hope that Sonic Unleashed can continue to remind me how much fun 2-D Sonic gameplay is. Unleashed should also have special stages for the Chaos Emeralds. Those are great. Just as long as their easier than Sonic 2's...I can't get past the 5th stage, dang it!

BTW, does anyone think Sonic 3 and Knuckles will ever come on VC? Or am I better off picking up Sonic Mega Collection?

Mega Collection is a better value.

But I'm only interested in S3&K. I've already got Sonic 2 on VC, I don't really care for Sonic 1 enough to play it again, and Sonic 3-D + Ristar + Fliky don't appeal to me at all. Would you still say its a better value in my case?

I am definately hopeful with the videos I've seen with the game play. Though in all honestly I would give anything for a classic 2D experience.

As far as the chaos emerald bonus stages go I believe the ones for 3D blast on the Sega Saturn were definately the most enjoyable for me. I've been able to snag the emeralds from every console Sonic game made.

But I'm only interested in S3&K. I've already got Sonic 2 on VC, I don't really care for Sonic 1 enough to play it again, and Sonic 3-D + Ristar + Fliky don't appeal to me at all. Would you still say its a better value in my case?

Well since you really don't care for Sonic 3D, Ristar, or Fliky. You should probably wait for S3&K to show up on VC, I can't stand none of those titles either, with a little exception for Sonic 3-D.

Weird that your talking about S3&K I just cleared the game about 30 seconds ago with Tails.

i am probably the only one who loves the 3D sonic soundtracks.

I enjoyed the tracks... if I listen to anything long enough, it grows on me anyway, but a couple of the tracks really stuck with me. If anything, just for the nostalgia of playing the game, and being young... not having a care in the world...

*sigh* Those were the good ol' days...

i am probably the only one who loves the 3D sonic soundtracks.

I like them too! Biolizard's music is awesome and I ended up humming knuckle's rap songs way more than I should have. Lots of it was good and catchy stuff. And I loved Gamma's theme in SA1.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sonic-mega-collection-plus

If you can't find more than just Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles to enjoy on that list, seek help soon :-P

Okay, fine, my mom used to play Sonic Spinball, so that has a special place in my heart as well. Otherwise, no, I don't care for anything else on that list.

FYI, I've had both mega collections in recent years, but I've either sold them on accident or lost them. I know what's on them, but only Sonic 2 and 3&K kept my interest for long, as they're some of my all time favorite games.

I'm worried that Nintendo won't ever release S3&K on VC. If the worse happens, they'll just release S&K, and not put up the proper version we all know and love.

I'm worried that Nintendo won't ever release S3&K on VC. If the worse happens, they'll just release S&K, and not put up the proper version we all know and love.

Ugh, to this day I still have trouble playing S&K by itself... It doesn't feel right without taking down the death egg before mushroom hill zone. :)

Ugh, to this day I still have trouble playing S&K by itself... It doesn't feel right without taking down the death egg before mushroom hill zone. :)

As well you should have trouble! Its natural to like a game the way it was naturally meant to be. Not chopped in half...

Will S3&K ever come on VC? Is there even a slight hope? If not, I'm just gonna cave and go buy another Mega Collection.

I believe the term you're looking for is not "whack," but "dope." "Whack" is bad. "Dope" is good.

The word. Not the drugs.

Don't do drugs.

I started doing the drugs halfway through the post this is all your fault you have ruined my life

• 6 months later...

Bumping an old thread, didn't want to make a new one.

Has anyone picked this up yet? It was released yesterday for Wii/PS2. 360s version should be out tomorrow with the PS3s in December.

It looks good (they always do), but I don't want to invest in another Secret Rings failure.

So has anyone got their hands on a copy yet?

I'm actually more interested in the nighttime levels than the daytime levels. The speed sections seem look too autopilot for my tastes. At least with the action levels, I'll be able to control Sonic instead of just watching him speed through the level with minimal input on my part.

Definitely renting it though. I'm a bit of a masochist and I wanna see how horrible the controls are this time around.