Sonic Unleashed

Sir_NutS

Yeah, ^ game of the year up there. If you don't feel like waiting, pick up Sonic Mega Collection Plus for PS2, Gamecube or Xbox. It comes with a shitload of Sonic games plus oddballs like Sonic Spinball and Mean Bean Machine. And Ristar, which fucking rules. It's much better to pick it up for $10 bucks than to buy all of the games individually for on the Xbox or Wii store, which might cause you around $150 dollars.

Also, I'm at marble garden zone on Sonic 3 and I already have all the Chaos Emeralds. Woo hoo! Here's for collecting all of them again when I open up the save file on Sonic and Knuckles, which also rocks like AC/DC on crack.

Yeah, ^ game of the year up there. If you don't feel like waiting, pick up Sonic Mega Collection Plus for PS2, Gamecube or Xbox. It comes with a shitload of Sonic games plus oddballs like Sonic Spinball and Mean Bean Machine. And Ristar, which fucking rules. It's much better to pick it up for $10 bucks than to buy all of the games individually for on the Xbox or Wii store, which might cause you around $150 dollars.

Also, I'm at marble garden zone on Sonic 3 and I already have all the Chaos Emeralds. Woo hoo! Here's for collecting all of them again when I open up the save file on Sonic and Knuckles, which also rocks like AC/DC on crack.

I've got the PS2 version of the sonic mega collection, but It'd be worth buying this to have them on the 360. Plus, vectorman 1 and 2 are friggin awesome.

I also HATE the way you unlocked games in the SMC. Bull-crap.

Have you ever noticed how Sonic seems to have a brand new 3d adventure just in time for Christmas every year on every major console, but when it comes to Mario they're extremely spaced out (one per console usually)?

I guess I don't really have a point.

They put more effort and time into a Mario game than they do Sonic? Maybe there's a reason Mario made it into 3D easily and Sonic hasn't pulled himself up yet.

So, apparently if you click on locations on the globe, you'll get like a 30 second preview clip of what each area looks like. The music is different for the sun and the moon, and they show different clips for the difference in gameplay.

The sun music is quite upbeat with an eastern flair to it, that actually fits all the clips quite well. However, the moon stuff is some NICE jazz stuff with strings in the background. I am diggin' this.

It looks like the gameplay for the night clips is more toward the style of what Knuckles was in past Sonic Adventure games in terms of fighting enemies, but dropping the speed by half and not having you search for anything. Also, I was unaware that were-hogs had jelly arms.

EDIT: ok, that was just for 'Shamar - Locations.' Apparently there is a lot more music on the site.

EDIT 2: so besides the 90s pop-punk on the main page, all of the other music is quite good.

They put more effort and time into a Mario game than they do Sonic? Maybe there's a reason Mario made it into 3D easily and Sonic hasn't pulled himself up yet.

Sega has realized they don't need to. They have a crazy-rabid fanbase they can cater to, and as long as they do a somewhat passable job they can rake in the profit. Hell, Sonic 360 even showed that they can be really freakin' lazy about it every so often and still come out clean.

I also HATE the way you unlocked games in the SMC. Bull-crap.

Yeah, it is total BS. My older brother has my old memory card (because I gave him the Cube after getting the Wii) so now I have to go back and play each game like 30 times to unlock them. I think it would be much better to unlock them by beating each game. That's incentive to really milk the game.

A Werewolf? Didn't Nintendo do this with Link like, 2 years ago?

I'm going to rent it through Gamefly when I finish messing around with Dead Space to draw a definite conclusion, but I think Sega should pull an all new Sonic game, based on the old style graphics and throw it on the console marketplace. Just like Capcom did with Megaman 9.

I think that would be pretty cool.

played it last night. The opening cutscene was awesome! Little friend character? That's not so bad. First level, wowowowow! That's what I've been waiting to play for years. I'll admit the controls get a little awkward in the transition between the 3D SA style running and the 2.5D, but only momentarily. Then I got to the Werehog level. Wow that was bland. If I wanted to play God Of War, I'd play God of War. I hated it even more since God Of War bores me. But I suffered through that first level. Even if it took me a few tries to beat the boss. I still don't know what I did to beat him. Then it went to the Sky Chase Zone. The boss killed me and then I realized it. I was playing a platformer with a Sonic The Hedgehog minigame.

I'll get this once Sega releases a patch that gets rid of the Werehog.