Sonic Unleashed

Sir_NutS

I didn't bother to check how old this forum is but anyway... whilst 'm just browsing around being bored... "Sonic Unleashed" ... right... I'm really not much of a sonic fan but It looked okay untill I saw how very screwed up Weresonic looked.. or "Werehog" or whatever... heh Werehog.... that's desprate... but anyway aside form him looking more retarded then intense what really urked at me is the fact that he can strech and stuff.... They might as well just make a game where Sonic blows his brains out because Sega's attempts at newer gen Games with this Blue Blurred wonder is starting to get a little annoying.

I think Sega should pull an all new Sonic game, based on the old style graphics and throw it on the console marketplace. Just like Capcom did with Megaman 9.

Why do people seem to think Sega is not capable of screwing a retro-styled Sonic game, it would be as much screwed but with obsolete graphics.

Why do people seem to think Sega is not capable of screwing a retro-styled Sonic game, it would be as much screwed but with obsolete graphics.

what are you, some kind of plant-based lifeform that's never seen Sega Genesis before

it's pretty much impossible to screw up an old Sonic game, and 2d graphics are no 'obsolete' by any means

Yeah, I'm still loving the classics to death, but one thing is a retro game, and a completely different thing is to create a new game in a retro style. It's not a matter of style, it's a matter of stupid decisions and not-so-stellar level design. 2D, 16-bit style does not mean instant win. I'd like to see that, though.

Also, I'd take Werehog plataforming over 100% rollercoaster level design from start to finish.

Also,

Yeah, I'm still loving the classics to death, but one thing is a retro game, and a completely different thing is to create a new game in a retro style. It's not a matter of style, it's a matter of stupid decisions and not-so-stellar level design. 2D, 16-bit style does not mean instant win. I'd like to see that, though.

Also, I'd take Werehog plataforming over 100% rollercoaster level design from start to finish.

Also,

No one said Sega had to be the one to make the retro Sonic title. Capcom didn't make MegaMan 9, Inti Creates did (the folks who made the MegaMan Zero games). So there's no reason Sega couldn't follow a similar lead, and let Dimps, the people behind the Sonic Advance series, make the game.

It's been long established the only thing left of Sonic Team is a shell of their former glory. They fuck up everything in the name for the sake of appealing to all audiences. This middle ground leaves no one happy. NiGHTS Journey of Dreams is a prime example of this.

I'm pretty sure you guys totally missed Bleck's joke. It's generally agreed that Sonic 3D Blast wasn't a great Sonic game (though I beg to differ). "The best 3D game since Sonic 3D Blast" is a pretty obvious joke.

Oh, and Sonic 3D Blast was 3D. You could move Sonic around on 3 axes; forward-backward, left-right, and up-down. Just because the graphics are sprites doesn't mean the control is 2D.