Pokémon Bike Theme

PianoCat5

Not bad at all... When the electric part starts, the one constant droning note is pretty annoying, but everything is pretty. I trust you're not going to end that suddenly.

Still, good job and I really really like this so far. The beginning sounded exactly like a piano until the slide note, though.

I liked the first part the best.

Not bad at all... When the electric part starts, the one constant droning note is pretty annoying, but everything is pretty. I trust you're not going to end that suddenly.

Still, good job and I really really like this so far. The beginning sounded exactly like a piano until the slide note, though.

I liked the first part the best.

Hey, thanks so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it!

No, I'm definitely not going to end that suddenly. I actually have quite a ways to go before the end, but I suffered from a little mental blockage, and I wanted to hear what people had to say about it since I couldn't think of anything at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I quite liked that, and as you said, it's still work-in-progress so hopefully we'll see more of that so it doesn't end straight on that note or anything.

Ire you going to try and implement other "bike" themes from the other Pokémon games into this, or are you sticking to Red/Blue/Yellow? And will this be included in the MissingNo Tracks OCR project, or is this just a little something you were working on by yourself?

I quite liked that, and as you said, it's still work-in-progress so hopefully we'll see more of that so it doesn't end straight on that note or anything.

Ire you going to try and implement other "bike" themes from the other Pokémon games into this, or are you sticking to Red/Blue/Yellow? And will this be included in the MissingNo Tracks OCR project, or is this just a little something you were working on by yourself?

Thanks so much for the feedback!

This isn't part of any project, just something I wanted to do on my own. I was planning on maybe dropping this project unless I can better program the guitar parts or get a better synth or something, but I don't intend to stop working on it now.

I am going to stick to Red/Blue/Yellow, and I intend to incorporate the evolution theme later in the song.

Again, thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it!

PRODUCTION

[X] Low-quality samples

[X] Drums have no energy

STRUCTURE

[X] Lacks coherence overall (no "flow")

[X] Too short

[X] Abrupt ending

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

Oh, god. Let me get this right out of the way, as someone who utilizes live guitar, this sampled stuff just completely raped my ear drums. It's no offense to you, it's just that sampled guitar -- especially bad/obviously sampled guitar -- almost never goes over well.

It's my opinion that if this is to proceed at all, you'll need to either change the genre and stop using fake guitar, or lay down some real guitar tracks in place of the synth ones.

Actually, I can see this track rocking fairly well with real electric guitar.

Drums seem kind of lifeless as it is right now; snare has a bit more reverb than I usually like, and it seems like it's buried in the mix. I can't even here the kick drum at all.

Definite potential, but with definite concerns that need to be addressed.

Nekofrog hit most of the main points already. It's very midi-sounding, and not much stereo separation with the instruments either, especially the drums.

I'd like to hear some sustained bass in the part starting at 1:10. It would fill out the arrangement nicely.

PRODUCTION

[X] Low-quality samples

[X] Drums have no energy

STRUCTURE

[X] Lacks coherence overall (no "flow")

[X] Too short

[X] Abrupt ending

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

Oh, god. Let me get this right out of the way, as someone who utilizes live guitar, this sampled stuff just completely raped my ear drums. It's no offense to you, it's just that sampled guitar -- especially bad/obviously sampled guitar -- almost never goes over well.

It's my opinion that if this is to proceed at all, you'll need to either change the genre and stop using fake guitar, or lay down some real guitar tracks in place of the synth ones.

Actually, I can see this track rocking fairly well with real electric guitar.

Drums seem kind of lifeless as it is right now; snare has a bit more reverb than I usually like, and it seems like it's buried in the mix. I can't even here the kick drum at all.

Definite potential, but with definite concerns that need to be addressed.

Yeah, I kinda dropped this until I can get a really good sampled guitar, or find someone to play it for me. THanks for the tips, though!