VGL Louisville Meetup - pics pg 22+

big giant circles

PICS START ON PAGE 22

Date is Friday, July 18

Some links:

www.videogameslive.com

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

http://ww2.kentuckycenter.org/ticketing/tickets/reserve.aspx?performanceNumber=2978

see below

Check-in is at 4:00pm. Anyway, here's a review of the meet-up info: (Format copied from Philly Meet-up thread)

Louisville Meet-Up:

Where:

Downtown Louisville, KY

When:

Friday, July 18, 2008

4:00pm @ 21c Museum Hotel Lobby, 700 W. Main St.

(Parking located across the street on 7th Street in covered garage)

What:

Friday:

Video Games Live! concert @ 8:00pm

OCR T-Shirts (Black) and bumpter stickers will be available for purchase from BGC

Will need at least one volunteer to assist Tommy with something AWESOME

Video Games and probably a Jam Session at 21c Museum Hotel

Saturday:

The Dark Knight (IMAX) viewing @ 12:45pm

Attendees: (Look-out for us wearing OCR T-Shirts)

big giant circles

tweek

Audix +1

Nekofrog + gf

Sinewav

dPaladin

ifirit

Possible Attendees:

Tai_Zidek

Nario

[ifirit will] be arriving a little early to greet everyone and to check-in to the hotel. So, if you'd like to just hang-out for a little while that'd be awesome.

Here's an updated sheet of information for everyone.

Attendees: ||OCR T-Shirt (Wearing): ||OCR T-Shirt (Purchase): ||OCR T-shirt (Size): ||Helping Mr. Tallarico: ||

BGC ______ ||Yes (Black)___________ ||No (Selling)___________ ||N/A _______________ ||Yes __________________ ||

tweek ____ ||? ____________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||? _________________ ||Yes? _________________ ||

Audix +1 _ ||No ___________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||? _________________ ||Yes __________________ ||

Nekofrog+1 ||No ___________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||? _________________ ||Yes __________________ ||

Sinewav __ ||Yes (Black) __________ ||Pending _______________ ||? _________________ ||Yes __________________ ||

dPaladin _ ||No ___________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||Large _____________ ||Yes __________________ ||

ifirit ___ ||Yes (Jersey) _________ ||Yes ___________________ ||Medium ____________ ||Yes __________________ ||

Attendees: ||IMAX Dark Knight: ||Ticket Payment:_ ||Hotel Payment: ||Showtime: ||

BGC ______ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

tweek ____ ||No ______________ ||N/A ____________ ||PayPal _______ ||N/A _____ ||

Audix +1 _ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

Nekofrog+1 ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

Sinewav __ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

dPaladin _ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-Up _ ||N/A __________ ||12:45pm _ ||

ifirit ___ ||Yes _____________ ||Online Purchase_ ||Credit Card __ ||12:45pm _ ||

So far, it seems ifirit has 1 extra ticket to The Dark Knight, so if someone else wants to go, you'd better go ahead and put in your dibs. If in the event no one picks up the ticket, The rest of us should all chip in a buck or two to cover ifirit for fronting the money.

Tweek and I will be arriving in Louiville fairly early well before the actual meetup to help and arrange events with Tommy and VGL.

parking map:

OffStreetPublicParking.gif

I'm moving to St. Louis sometime this summer, but I'm not sure exactly when. If I get up there before this happens, I'd definitely be interested. What kind of timeframe are you looking at for ticket purchasing?

good question. i'll probably announce it within the week. i want to see what the initial level of interest among the "locals" is. if very few people respond within the week, then we'll probably purchase very soon.

tenatively, though, i'll say that i'd LIKE to purchase the tickets before the end of the month. but we'll see.

Hell, YES!

Finally, an OCR event that is in the same state! I'm a definite. But, back of the concert hall seating? I'd rather spend the extra 10 bucks to get somewhat decent seats.

Still, I'll jump in for group seating regardless of the location, if that's the way people want to go. Let me know when you guys decide on group seating or not.

What's this? I'm in the maybe category? No, I'm DEFINITELY going. I just need to know if there will be group seating or not. If there isn't going to be group seating, I'll go ahead and purchase my ticket right now.

Still, I'm going to try to see if I can find some people around here who'd also like to attend.

I'm just now seeing this, but I am DEFINITELY interested. I've got some friends who may be interested as well.

For now, count me as a "maybe" with a "probably" in parenthesis. I'm going to do everything humanly possible to make it to this. I've been really wanting to check out VGL and attend a meetup, so there's no way I'm missing out on this.

Okay, here's the deal. Both my GF want to go (we went to the show in Fort Wayne, met all the guys, got her DS signed, chatted with Tom about OCR for a few minutes), but we're a few hours away. We're both willing to make the drive, but have nowhere to stay. Would anyone mind hosting us for a night or two? We'd be gone on sunday at the latest (saturday if you really want us out :) . We're both of legal drinking age so barhopping is also a possibility should you be up for it.

Anyone? :)

Well, money and schedule shouldn't be an issue for me, so the only variable left is transportation. Could someone possibly give me a ride from Cincinnati and back? Help with gas money shouldn't be a problem. If no one can, I still haven't exhausted all my options yet. Worst comes to worst, I could always take the bus.

bgc, could you define "very very very soon"? I have a know a few people who might be interested (and could possibly give me a ride), but right now isn't a good time to contact them. I'd also like to figure out my transportation issue before I buy tickets, but if you're talking about purchasing them, like, tomorrow or something, go ahead and get mine and I'll figure out the ride later. There's not a popsickle's chance in Hell I'm missing out on this.

Well, money and schedule shouldn't be an issue for me, so the only variable left is transportation. Could someone possibly give me a ride from Cincinnati and back? Help with gas money shouldn't be a problem. If no one can, I still haven't exhausted all my options yet. Worst comes to worst, I could always take the bus.

bgc, could you define "very very very soon"? I have a know a few people who might be interested (and could possibly give me a ride), but right now isn't a good time to contact them. I'd also like to figure out my transportation issue before I buy tickets, but if you're talking about purchasing them, like, tomorrow or something, go ahead and get mine and I'll figure out the ride later. There's not a popsickle's chance in Hell I'm missing out on this.

Cincinnati is only a little out of our way. We could probably do it should we be able to find someone to stay with once we get there.

well, if this many people are interested, i'm all for getting a hotel. we can all bunk up and split the costs.

went ahead and put you down as a definite, greg.

sinewav, very very very soon is more just a general way of me saying "aight people. if nobody else says anything, i'm gonna go ahead and buy 2 tickets and that'll be that."

but now it looks like we have some serious interest :)

we're going to do this exactly as we did for DC. i'm going to go ahead and formally set the date to buy tickets on May 19th, which is 2 months before the concert. I'd set it for the 18th, but that's a sunday, and their ticket office might be closed by then.

So here in the next couple days, I'm going to post some paypal info, and anyone who is going to go will need to pay me BEFORE I buy the tickets. I realize that this requires trust, possibly in a person you've never met, but we did it for the DC show without problems, and I can assure you all I'm not going to take your money and run.

I'm going to update the 1st post tomorrow, so check it periodically for major updates etc.

So are we thinking that we might be hanging around Louisville for the whole weekend? Ticket cost, gas money, and even dinner that evening shouldn't be a problem, but anything more will require a little more planning on my part.

I'm totally up for pitching in for a hotel and all that, but if that's the plan, how much money should I put aside for this trip?

EDIT: If everyone else wants to, I wouldn't mind purchasing better (or best) seats. I'd rather sit with the group though, if someone can't afford it.