VGL Louisville Meetup - pics pg 22+

big giant circles

I live less than half a day's travel from that area. What's this about again? I haven't rolled with an oc group yet, so the details of what I'd be travelling for (asides from meeting a buncha you guys, which would be awesome) Is it a concert? For what?

I might be interested, it'd be the first time I could afford to travel to meet up with the guys.

We're meeting for the Louisville showing of Video Games Live on July 18. Big Giant Circles is going to set up a PayPal account with which we are to send him $38 for a ticket (possibly $48 if we all decide to get better seats). We need to have the money to him by May 19, which is a few weeks out from today. Beyond that, nothing is set in stone.

By the way, my parents said I could borrow their car, so unless some bizarre circumstances arise, I am absolutely coming to this.

Sinewave, do you still need a ride? We can easily swing that.

Well, I've secured access to my parents' car, so I don't need one (unless they get pissy between now and then, which is very possible). However, if it's not terribly out of the way for you, it might be easier for the both of us to split the gas money. Where would you be coming from?

EDIT: Sorry for the upcoming double post. Didn't want to confuse bgc.

Well, I've secured access to my parents' car, so I don't need one (unless they get pissy between now and then, which is very possible). However, if it's not terribly out of the way for you, it might be easier for the both of us to split the gas money. Where would you be coming from?

EDIT: Sorry for the upcoming double post. Didn't want to confuse bgc.

North Manchester, IN. The diversion to your place is almost practically on the way, just about a half hour out of our way according to google maps.

Count Ashley and me as definites, bgc

Count me as a definite -maybe-. Our funds are kind of limited right now, but if we can squeeze in the money needed, we'll be on our way. As soon as it's in our hands, it'll be in the mail. Now is the 48 (we'll just say 48 for now) count as a ticket for two, or will we need two 48's? (cause the wife is interested in coming too)

Actually, I'm turning 21 just before the meet up, so I'd be up for it.

I've got a friend who says he might be interested in coming. He's not of drinking age, but he lives in the area and is likely driving separate... so if you guys really want to hit up some bars...

Going to the bar sounds good enough, so long as it stays somewhere near the hotel. Louisville can get rough if you stray away from the beaten path. There was this one time, where some jerk hit me in the head with a rock after trying to intimidate me into giving him money. Glad I got out of there fast. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but alcohol and slum-y neighborhoods can lead to trouble.

Anyway, what's the official status on the trip, BGC? Have we officially decided to spring for the $48 tickets? If so, is this going to be group seating?

Have you guys forgotten? We Play VIDEOGAMES. We're dangerous killers. When some gangbangers see a bunch of fat nerds walking out of a video game music concert, all cosplayed up with our nunchucks and lightsabers, no one will dare mess with us.