VGL Louisville Meetup - pics pg 22+

big giant circles

So how/when should we secure IMAX Batman tickets?

Advanced tickets for Stonybrook can be purchased online or over the phone. There are showings for 12:45pm and 4:00pm during the afternoon. Tickets purchased through movies.com (the site which the Stonybrook website directs you to) can be printed out immediately after purchase and used at the theater. Tickets purchased over the phone have to be picked up at the ticket office, which could have a line waiting.

If needed, I can purchase the tickets and everyone can pay me the day of the show. However, not everyone here has stated if they want to see The Dark Knight. I would only buy tickets for everyone who has stated that they agree to seeing the IMAX version. So far, only nekofrog and BGC have expressed that interest.

BGC, that's cool with me, if you'd rather pay on the night of the concert. Anyone else who wants to pay the night of the concert can, but you'll have to tell me directly, otherwise I'll assume that you're using the PayPal page. And I'll nag you about the deadline. :<

I definitely want to see it at IMAX. I can have the cash for you when we get there.

As for afterwards, I'm up for whatever really. Card games/video games sound fun. I've been brushing up on my Street Fighter II lately. Someone would probably have to re-teach me Euchre. Maybe someone could bring Super Munchkin or Killer Bunnies? Street-jamming sounds like fun too. I've never really done anything like it before.

If you guys want me to purchase tickets for the IMAX version of The Dark Knight, I'll need to know from everyone else ASAP. tweek is currently the only one who hadn't agreed to see The Dark Knight at all; dPaladin, Audix and his +1 haven't said anything about the IMAX version, so I'm reluctant to purchase tickets for 9 people (~$100 out of my pocket) unless they tell me that they are going to attend.

tweek, Audix and dPaladin, let me know as soon as you can!

Attendees: ||IMAX Dark Knight: ||Ticket Payment:_ ||Hotel Payment: ||Showtime: ||

BGC ______ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||? _______ ||

tweek ____ ||? _______________ ||? ______________ ||? ____________ ||? _______ ||

Audix +1 _ ||? _______________ ||? ______________ ||? ____________ ||? _______ ||

Nekofrog+1 ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||? _______ ||

Sinewav __ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||? _______ ||

dPaladin _ ||? _______________ ||? ______________ ||? ____________ ||? _______ ||

ifirit ___ ||Yes _____________ ||Online Purchase_ ||Credit Card __ ||12:45pm _ ||

If you guys want me to purchase tickets for the IMAX version of The Dark Knight, I'll need to know from everyone else ASAP. tweek is currently the only one who hadn't agreed to see The Dark Knight at all; dPaladin, Audix and his +1 haven't said anything about the IMAX version, so I'm reluctant to purchase tickets for 10 people (~$100 out of my pocket) unless they tell me that they are going to attend.

tweek, Audix and dPaladin, let me know as soon as you can!

Attendees: ||IMAX Dark Knight: ||Ticket Payment:_ ||Hotel Payment: ||Showtime: ||

BGC ______ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||? _______ ||

tweek ____ ||? _______________ ||? ______________ ||? ____________ ||? _______ ||

Audix +1 _ ||? _______________ ||? ______________ ||? ____________ ||? _______ ||

Nekofrog+1 ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||? _______ ||

Sinewav __ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||? _______ ||

dPaladin _ ||? _______________ ||? ______________ ||? ____________ ||? _______ ||

ifirit ___ ||Yes _____________ ||Online Purchase_ ||Credit Card __ ||12:45pm _ ||

12:45 sounds fine. And if everyone gets on board with agreeing on a time, I'll go ahead and paypal you the money for the movie at least. I'm pretty sure Tweek should be fine with TDK as well. Dunno about Audix, I guess it depends on when he has to be back. I'll catch both of them on AIM.

Also, I spoke to Tommy today. I have REALLY REALLY exciting news, but it's gonna be a secret until the meetup :)

You guys are going to be thrilled, though. I promise.

As far as shirts go, Dave is sending me a few shirts and some stickers, so you guys can buy those from me at the meetup. I think 8 shirts should cover the group - but ASAP, like, tomorrow I need to know what sizes. I already know I need at least 2 mediums. Now then, regarding the initial actual meetup, Brian and I are going to be arriving in Louisville fairly early that afternoon, say, probably around 1-2pm. I recommend everyone should arrive as early as possible, but how do you guys feel about setting an official time of maybe 3 or 4? Input please.

Damn, what's your secret?

Relative that she hadn't seen in 15 years died left her $10,000 and no one else in her giant family any money.

I guess it does happen outside of movies.

Heh, all of this kind of makes me wish my mix would get posted out of the to-be-posted queue so I could say that I'm an OCRemixer when I go to the meetup. But I guess I'll have to wait my turn like everyone else.

As far as TDK goes, IMAX would be cool. I'm still trying to work out whether or not I'm going to mooch off some floor space or drive home and back for it (I'm going to try to get that figured out today though). I'm going to have to pay for the ticket on-site though, if that's not a huge problem.

If someone has Rock Band and wants to bring it, that would be swell. I understand if it's too much work, but Rock Band with OCR just kind of makes sense to me so I thought I'd throw it out there.

I shouldn't have any trouble meeting up at any specific time.

I walk the line between a medium or large t-shirt. The one I have on right now is a large, so let's go with that.

I've got like 10 dollars to my name and no job right now, but maybe I'll come into $10,000 too. :-P

I have Rock Band and a 360, but only one guitar instrument for it (so no bass unless someone brought a 360 Guitar Hero controller or something).

meetup-info.JPG

The shirts run a little smaller than larger, so if you're somewhere between a med and a large I'd recommend the large. They'll shrink a bit after a few washes anyway.

Guys, we still need to discuss the time we're actually going to meetup. Neko, dP, sinewav, ifirit, how do you guys all feel about the 3-4pm range? Also, ifirit, where do you suggest we should meet? I personally think it should be somewhere fairly close (within a couple miles at least) of the concert hall.

meetup-info.JPG

The shirts run a little smaller than larger, so if you're somewhere between a med and a large I'd recommend the large. They'll shrink a bit after a few washes anyway.

Guys, we still need to discuss the time we're actually going to meetup. Neko, dP, sinewav, ifirit, how do you guys all feel about the 3-4pm range? Also, ifirit, where do you suggest we should meet? I personally think it should be somewhere fairly close (within a couple miles at least) of the concert hall.

Let me fill in a few of the ?'s on that chart: Helping yes, OCR shirt (as it stands right now) is no because neither of us have one (unless we can buy one at the meetup :P )

We plan to take next Friday off of work, and have 235 miles to drive. If we leave at about 10:30 or 11:00, we should be able to make the 3:00.

When is check-in time at the hotel?

Well, what time is check-in at the hotel? We can just meet there and drop all our stuff off.

Agreed. Check-in, as I told BGC in that email Monday, is at 4:00pm. Anyway, here's a review of the meet-up info: (Format copied from Philly Meet-up thread)

Louisville Meet-Up:

Where:

Downtown Louisville, KY

When:

Friday, July 18, 2008

4:00pm @ 21c Museum Hotel Lobby, 700 W. Main St.

(Parking located across the street on 7th Street in covered garage)

What:

Friday:

Video Games Live! concert @ 8:00pm

T-Shirts (OCR Black) will be available for purchase

??? Special Surprise Event held by big giant circles and Tommy Talarico

Video Games and Jam Session at 21c Museum Hotel

Saturday:

The Dark Knight (IMAX) viewing @ 12:45pm

Attendees: (Look-out for us wearing OCR T-Shirts)

big giant circles

tweek

Audix +1

Nekofrog + gf

Sinewav

dPaladin

ifirit

Possible Attendees:

Tai_Zidek

Nario

I'll be arriving a little early to greet everyone and to check-in to the hotel. So, if you'd like to just hang-out for a little while that'd be awesome.

Here's an updated sheet of information for everyone.

Attendees: ||OCR T-Shirt (Wearing): ||OCR T-Shirt (Purchase): ||OCR T-shirt (Size): ||Helping Mr. Tallarico: ||

BGC ______ ||Yes (Black)___________ ||No (Selling)___________ ||N/A _______________ ||Yes __________________ ||

tweek ____ ||? ____________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||? _________________ ||Yes? _________________ ||

Audix +1 _ ||No ___________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||? _________________ ||Yes __________________ ||

Nekofrog+1 ||No ___________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||? _________________ ||Yes __________________ ||

Sinewav __ ||Yes (Black) __________ ||Pending _______________ ||? _________________ ||Yes __________________ ||

dPaladin _ ||No ___________________ ||Yes ___________________ ||Large _____________ ||Yes __________________ ||

ifirit ___ ||Yes (Jersey) _________ ||Yes ___________________ ||Medium ____________ ||Yes __________________ ||

BGC ______ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

tweek ____ ||No ______________ ||N/A ____________ ||PayPal _______ ||N/A _____ ||

Audix +1 _ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

Nekofrog+1 ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

Sinewav __ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-up _ ||Pay at Meet-up ||12:45pm _ ||

dPaladin _ ||Yes _____________ ||Pay at Meet-Up _ ||N/A __________ ||12:45pm _ ||

I'm going off the assumption that tweek will be going to see The Dark Knight, as BGC implied, and I'm going ahead with the ticket purchase. I'll let you guys know once I've bought them.

I've bought tickets for The Dark Knight, which will be at the Cinema de Lux 20: Stonybrook at 12:45pm on Saturday, July 19, 2008. The seats are for Rows F & G, Seats 5 - 8.

If you guys have any more questions or need more information, let me know.

Wish I would have been on the site a few months earlier. I ordered tickets a while back for me and a friend, then got 2 more last week for 2 more friends. I'm in the Orchestra Left section, Row C, seat 12. I would love to join in any pre-show events, but doubt I'll be able to, seeing as I work till 7am that morning and that night it would all depend on the people I come with.

What are our nourishment plans before/after show?

Well, I've not made any plans in regards to exactly when and where we would eat. I just figured that we'd decide as a group at the meet-up. However, to give you an idea of what there is to eat in the downtown area, food runs the gammit from pretty cheap, e.g. McDonald's, to fairly expensive, e.g. fine dining restaurants. I think our meal plans are just going to depend on who's hungry and what they would like to eat. Personally, I have no particular preference on food. Everything's cool.

Ok, heres my deal:

Payed online (have email to confirm if needbe)

Will be getting a shirt from BGC.

Will NOT be available for Dark Knight (will be driving back to ATL at the butt crack of dawn) but I WILL be staying in the hotel.

hope this helps.

Cheers guys.

I've checked my PayPal account and it's not showing any transaction, even a pending transaction, regarding an online payment for the hotel costs. (I have already received your payment for the concert tickets, if that's what you mean.) If you've got that email, you'll need to send me a copy. It could be a problem on PayPal's end. I don't want you to lose any money that you've sent. Make sure that the email address on your receipt says trayag@hotmail.com.

I'm still trying to work out whether or not I'm going to mooch off some floor space or drive home and back for it (I'm going to try to get that figured out today though). I'm going to have to pay for the ticket on-site though, if that's not a huge problem.

If you end up staying with us at the hotel, which I'd recommend, I can drive you back. I know what it's like to have no reliable means of transportation, so I don't want to see other people go without.

Wish I would have been on the site a few months earlier. I ordered tickets a while back for me and a friend, then got 2 more last week for 2 more friends. I'm in the Orchestra Left section, Row C, seat 12. I would love to join in any pre-show events, but doubt I'll be able to, seeing as I work till 7am that morning and that night it would all depend on the people I come with.

Cool, wear your OCR T-shirt and we'll keep an eye out for you. Or, just look for a bunch of people with OCR shirts on. We'll be sitting in Row H, Seats 12 - 20.

Let me express my girlfriend's disappointment in the lack of female-shaped OCR shirts.

PM me. I might be able to help you out there.

Well, I've not made any plans in regards to exactly when and where we would eat. I just figured that we'd decide as a group at the meet-up. However, to give you an idea of what there is to eat in the downtown area, food runs the gammit from pretty cheap, e.g. McDonald's, to fairly expensive, e.g. fine dining restaurants. I think our meal plans are just going to depend on who's hungry and what they would like to eat. Personally, I have no particular preference on food. Everything's cool.

Be sure to eat early though, last year I went with a few friends, and everything was closed around 5pm, except for that on 4th street live.

I have no OCR shirt, but I will be wearing this though.