VGL Louisville Meetup - pics pg 22+

big giant circles

It was an awesome time, guys. Sorry, I was pretty distracted due to the constant updates I was getting of my brother's condition in the hospital (who was involved in a very bad collision in a softball game the night of the concert and had to go in for a fairly serious surgery that night.) On an up note it's looking like he's doing well in recovery.

Anyway, here's a couple pics before I go get some rest tonight.

In hallways of VGLive:

vglive.jpg

Back row: Nekofrog's g/f, Nekofrog, dPaladin, Big Giant Circles, Audix, Audix's buddy, Tai_Zidek

Front row: Sinewav, Tweek, ifirit

After seeing Dark Knight:

dark_knight.jpg

From left to right: ifirit, dPaladin, Audix's buddy, Sinewav, Big Giant Circles, Nekofrog, Nekofrog's g/f, Audix

The entirely official Global Empire remix pic:

globalempire.jpg

From left to right: Tweek, Big Giant Circles, Audix

Will post more later!

We will be heading out in a few, we will be park near the Kentucky Center, but should be over at the hotel sometime around 4. There will be 3 of us, I'll have that tan LoZ knock off looking shirt, jeans, light brown hair, glasses. I'll be with a tall blonde guy and a shorter brown haired girl, all of us are on a skinny side.

Hey, my first post. I was the tall blond dude, Matt. Very cool event, it was great meeting you all. looking forward to next year! Thanks for everything.

left to right, Tweek, Big Giant Circles, Audix

VGLLouisville08006.jpg

We caught up with these guys after the show--they were super nice. Without them, we wouldn't have made it to the unofficial restaurant of all OCR meetups, TGI Fridays!

VGLLouisville08007.jpg

these endless light tunnels were in the elevators at the 21C Museum Hotel we stayed at.

VGLLouisville08008.jpg

yet another--with the "light at the end of the tunnel" effect

VGLLouisville08009.jpg

Also, which of us got the picture with Rick Barretto, the CEO of Dream Authentics?

Way way back at the DC VGL, I actually started up a conversation with him about a possible affiliation with OCR. He gave me his email and I told him I'd pass the info on. I made a thread and PMed DJP, but never got any response.

Way way back at the DC VGL, I actually started up a conversation with him about a possible affiliation with OCR. He gave me his email and I told him I'd pass the info on. I made a thread and PMed DJP, but never got any response.

Hahahaha! Yeah, PMs to djp almost never work, even from me. They get lost in the shuffle. I'll see what I can do.

First video - before the VGL show in the Lobby of the Whitney Hall Center. What's awesome, is just the EXACT moment I made it over to the merch table, look at what the lady is handing to the three kids on the left.

Which leads to my second video, where I grabbed him for a few words and thanked him for pimping the OCR scene.

Back at the 21C Museum Hotel I shot some of the walk from the rooms to the elevator going back down to the lobby.

And these are terrible. Creepy, depressing, and just... *shudders*

And speaking of creepy (but kind of cool too) check out this bathroom:

And the hotel lobby itself:

And finally, a really HAWT limo:

Very cool video! Makes me miss living in Louisville a lot, actually. It's a great city to visit for a while, or live for a bit, but it becomes sort of boring after not too long. There are some really interesting quotes about Louisville by some famous type people that saw similar things. Great to see the footage, glad you guys enjoyed it (:

That's actually a really common misconception. Louisville may be in Kentucky but it definitely doesn't hit the stereotype at all. Louisville is a fairly large city and it's not polluted. It's larger than Lexington, too, and that's another pretty huge misconception.

(: Louisville is awesome, very big on independent companies and businesses too. A great place to grow up. (: