OCR00206 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra in Black"

m68030

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am thoroughly impressed. Many people, if choosing to do this as a guitar mix, would probably have sped it up. You kept it slow, and it really allowed the notes to ring out nicely and sink in. I also liked the play between the two guitars, it wasn't really dueling, but that second guitar that kept elaborating on the theme (and stayed in it's original octave the second time around) was a really nice addition. When the first guitar drops down, and hits that harmonic, that's one of the nicest notes in the whole song. Really, it was placed and played perfectly. The beginning of the solo is my favourite part, because it's restrained, and the phrasing is beautiful. That bend couldn't be placed any better.

With that much said, the aforementioned trumpet sample did take away from it, but when the guitars come in, all of that can be easily forgotten, and it has earned a spot on my mp3 player. Superb work.

I loved this song from the original - it's really quality, and this mix does it well. The introduction samples seem obviously fake, but the guitar work is EXCELLENT, in and out of the solo. Is it real, or sampled? It's actually hard to tell at times, which really adds quality. It's very good that you stuck to the original chord progression. I HATE it when mixiers screw it up, but this mix does not disappoint the theorist! I liked the ABA form how you started and ended nice and soft, though the ending was very abrupt.

It's an excellent mix. This is going into my playlist.

I think this is the first song I ever listened to on OCRemix. As you can tell, by me being here that I loved it. It's one of those songs that rip your heart out and just tear it up... in a good way. Really, it doesn't get any better then this and I have just under 5 gigs that will attest to that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

who ever knew video game music could be so powerful.

This song demands the listener's attention. You feel moved, by it... it's like you got beat before or whatever but you're coming back and you're just owning everybody... owning 'em up.

Then i see terra doing it, dressed in black as the song suggests with all of her friends in tow standing in defiance of kefka's general losery... That paints an awesome picture imho. worthy of the big screen even.

this song pumps me up... in that "Eye of the Tiger" kinda way, roffel.

Easily one of the top 5 songs on this whole site.

• 4 weeks later...

this song is pure awesome. Blew me away. Reading peoples reviews of it could not brace me for the sheer power of that song. The best remix I have EVER heard. Nobuo Uematsus black mages would want to rip this off, THIS is how you remix Final Fantasy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

What a fantastic mix. I was just listening to it again and had to post. If they ever, for some reason, remade VI, this should totally be what they used for Terra. Aw, man, I can't even elaborate what a sweet rendition it is. Despite the fact that its very hard rock, it is still downright beautiful. Well Done.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OH MY GOD THIS SUXS!!!!!

lol just kidding. I have never heard any remix better then this on the site and I've heard quite a few great ones. I REALLY wish this was in the game but then this wouldn't be a remix now would it. The guitar was the best with how it went with the whole song. And when it slower and quieter towards the end I started to tear up. It's like something from Nobuo Uematsu.

who ever knew video game music could be so powerful.

This song demands the listener's attention. You feel moved, by it... it's like you got beat before or whatever but you're coming back and you're just owning everybody... owning 'em up.

Then i see terra doing it, dressed in black as the song suggests with all of her friends in tow standing in defiance of kefka's general losery... That paints an awesome picture imho. worthy of the big screen even.

this song pumps me up... in that "Eye of the Tiger" kinda way, roffel.

Easily one of the top 5 songs on this whole site.

Yeah that image would be awesome though for some reason I imagined Sora owning all of Organization XIII when I was listening to this. Maybe it was because I was just playing KH2 Final Mix + earlier.

• 1 month later...

First of all, this is a great song from an even better game, and Ailsean did it no disservice in his remix. The orchestral opening sets you up for the startling, raw (in emotion) guitar, and the original guitar solo is just awesome. In fact, I like this so much, I'm considering having this played at my [life-changing event].

• 3 weeks later...

A brilliant version of Terra song, which is simply one of the best I have ever heard. Pretty well done job!

Also, I used this remix for an AMV which was dedicated to a friend. (I didn't upload it, but If someone would like I can upload to megaupload or something)

First of all, this is a great song from an even better game, and Ailsean did it no disservice in his remix. The orchestral opening sets you up for the startling, raw (in emotion) guitar, and the original guitar solo is just awesome. In fact, I like this so much, I'm considering having this played at my [life-changing event].

Happy "Im 150 and still rolling" day?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00206 - Final Fantasy VI "Terra in Black"