Sins of a Solar Empire

The Orichalcon

I got it when it came out because it looked really interesting. Well... it's interesting, but it's better in theory than in practice. Unless you know the person in multiplayer, good luck finishing a game. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but if you're playing a 2 player game with more than one system, it takes outrageously long. Aside from the fact that it takes a couple days to finish up a multiplayer game, it's pretty cool.

Its a game that you don't have to completely concentrate on every second. As said in PCGamer you can take a bathroom break grab a soda grab sammich and come back and not find yourself completely ruined.

It is not a game however you start at 12 PM or later as it can run into the next morning. If you start early enough it can take up your whole night which can be a good thing.

The mods and upgrades in the work for this game are scary.

Oh another in news (involving the makers of sins.)

PCgamer may well have broken this story on their podcast if someone wants to link me they can

If you follow PC gaming at all the odds are you know about the game Demigod. It has a lot of potential and could be a blockbuster that could compete with the upcoming Starcraft 2 depending on launch times.

Gas powered games (makers of demigod) will be using STARDOCK (makers of sins of a solar empire) as their publisher/distributer for this game. Which means likely the lack of DRM hate will continue. Stardock's philosophy in piracy when it comes to their games is simple. If its good enough people will pay for it. So far sins has proven them right.

The lack of an actual "campaign" has really thrown me off. Multiplayer can be fun, granted, but games that last for hours simply lose their flare. A good LAN game if everyone is willing to commit a good chunk of time -- that is where this game really shines.

Yeah, this seems to be the thing that worries me about the game. However, I find myself playing AOE2 and Battle for Middle Earth for hours without ever touching the campaign. I think even playing single player against an enemy and just working your way up through the difficulty would be fun too.

I haven't had a chance to play yet. Is it possible to save a game and continue it later? Either single player or multiplayer?

On a separate note, I'm very happy with the way Stardock set up and sell their games/programs. Was easy to download, clean install. The program took care of everything.

On a separate note, I'm very happy with the way Stardock set up and sell their games/programs. Was easy to download, clean install. The program took care of everything.

Stardock is pretty notable for respecting consumers' rights. They don't DRM of their games, don't make you jump through hoops to run your game, etc. They should be supported just for that; fortunately they make good games too. ;)