WoW - The Ghosts of Nintendo are haunting Karazhan!

Uboichi2

Okay, I gave this a listen.

The presentation is really, really good -- but the arrangement seems to be lacking.

You've certainly managed to throw together these different melodies into a cohesive track that definitely had a strong feel to it. However, each one seems to lack artistic variation.

I'm not sure if you plan on submitting this down the road, but if you do, I'd suggest articulating on the melodies a bit more if you do.

Course, I'm no musician...

Okay, I gave this a listen.

The presentation is really, really good -- but the arrangement seems to be lacking.

You've certainly managed to throw together these different melodies into a cohesive track that definitely had a strong feel to it. However, each one seems to lack artistic variation.

I'm not sure if you plan on submitting this down the road, but if you do, I'd suggest articulating on the melodies a bit more if you do.

Course, I'm no musician...

Actually, I thought the presentation was still crap o.Oa. Atm it's just a midi with fancy soundfonts, haven't done any real editing yet =P. And some parts idd only have basic chords supporting the melodies. And some parts that are a bit better get drowned in many other sounds.

Thanks for your feedback! =)

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since my first post on this, but here's a little update

The Ghosts of Nintendo are haunting Karazhan

I made a few little changes in the arrangement and tried to get the more important melodies more on top this time, but also tried to let secondary melodies be more audible.

Haven't had much time to edit this piece because of a very busy schedule. Got exams coming up in a week and our choir conductor asked me to make arrangements for choir of Suteki Da Ne and Hijo de la luna. He wants a concert with songs in as many different languages possible, so we doing stuff in russian, latin, english, japanese, spanish and maybe also in finnish. So got my time filled up with learning all the different pronunciations as well xD.

Finnish? What's that? Some language of some backwater country with a random world-leading cell phone company, operating system, education...? Some language only of interest to fantasy writers and Conan O'Brien...? Some language that nobody besides evktalo speaks on a daily basis? Finnish?

Seriously tho, that sounds interesting, let me hear it when it's done. Especially the finnish parts. I want to hear how close to epic fail the pronounciation is. :P

Anyway, I'm unable to listen to your track atm, but will check it out later and leave my feedback.

Finnish? What's that? Some language of some backwater country with a random world-leading cell phone company, operating system, education...? Some language only of interest to fantasy writers and Conan O'Brien...? Some language that nobody besides evktalo speaks on a daily basis? Finnish?

Seriously tho, that sounds interesting, let me hear it when it's done. Especially the finnish parts. I want to hear how close to epic fail the pronounciation is. :P

Anyway, I'm unable to listen to your track atm, but will check it out later and leave my feedback.

We actually have someone on the choir who speaks finnish, so I trust her to learn us to pronounce finnish properly (IF we do that song) ;)

There are a lot of points where the engagement of different soundtracks doesn't sound quite right. I would recommend tweaking the melodies so that they can fit properly.

Also, one piano lead of Karazhan's original soundtrack (the detuned chord) is a little off...might want to take a listen to that on the project file.

Other than that, I can say I love this idea and arrangement. Karazhan's soundtrack is great, and your remix idea is great.

The organ seems to clash with some of the other tracks at times... pretty much all the time. I like the feel of it, but the organ is very harmonically rich and dominating and... well, too much music. A couple of detuned chords would be nice for effect, but not this much. It's also too loud, especially during the 2:20 section, but other places as well.

There's a lot going on in the track, I'd recommend cleaning it up. The Zelda's Lullaby section is nice, but the one before is a little too cluttered. It might be really elaborate beautiful writing, but much of it is drowned in the rest of it.

De-clutter and fix the organ. The sources I knew from before are there, easy to recognize. I think this could get a YES once it's polished, but there could be issues I'm not hearing (laptop speakers, no headphones atm).

Gonna be great when it's done. :D

• 3 weeks later...