so, i used to play guild wars and don't anymore

prophetik music

and i want someone who does play to possibly acquire my account. or, someone who wants to play.

prophecies/nightfall (40$/40$ retail) on the account.

chars:

20 Warrior - elite armor dyed black/red, beat prophecies, has heroes

20 Elementalist - max armor dyed red (maybe elite? don't remember), beat prophecies, has heroes (maybe, don't remember...this was my primary for a long time)

20 Paragon - elite armor dyed white/blue, lots of elite skills learned, beat nightfall, has almost all heroes

20 Ranger - beastmaster, max armor dyed brown/black, has heroes (Nightfall character)

17 Monk - elite armor dyed black, lots of good skills, has heroes

12 Mesmer - max armor dyed RAINBOW, lots of good skills, has heroes

i've got about 800 hours total on this account.

they all have max runes on them and their heroes (four have heroes). ~20 green weapons (enough for every character), ~20 max upgrades for shields, wands, staves, swords, axes...etc. this account would be worth an enormous amount in-game because of my achievements in PvE, but i'd prefer to let someone who's going to actually put it to good use (aka, not bot-farming) to use it.

i simply don't need the account anymore and i'd like to trade it off or something. it doesn't necessarily need to be for money, so that makes this thread legal according to their and OCR's usage policies - which prohibit monetary transactions for accounts. and since i'll send the game disc and box for prophecies, which i have the original of (with my cdkey included), it's the entire game i'm reselling - not just the account.

Unless you're in desperate need of instant money, I would say it's a better idea to keep the account for when you feel like starting again.

One part about MMORPG account-selling that bothers me is when they come into the hands of completely new players with a bottomless wallet. A few days ago I met a lvl70 paladin in WoW who asked me where to buy a mount. I feel sorry for whoever he'll end up instancing with.

A few days ago I met a lvl70 paladin in WoW who asked me where to buy a mount. I feel sorry for whoever he'll end up instancing with.

Wow, that's almost as bad as the level 70 Warrior I came across the other day who didn't know what "tanking" was. (And I don't mean he was an arms/fury warrior who was trying to tank but failing; I mean that he was looking for a Magister's Terrace group, and when I PM'd him to ask if he could tank, his response was "wut is tank.")

You can always tell when people who've never played the game beforee have bought/traded their accounts, and it can cause a lot of headaches for other people. But I don't think there'll be problems if mephisto gives it to someone who's had experience playing Guild Wars in the past.

I have an account too that I haven't touched in a little over a year now - Its a great game to play through and if you have strong, active friends to play with in your guild, however, theres an even greater wall you hit than when playing Diablo 2 where you just don't want to touch it again for a while.

That's because, and Bladiator will back me up on this...

The OCR guild was groin-kickingly awful to be in :(

What the hell are you smoking? Soon after GW came out, I bought it and not long after that I joined DotM. That was probably the best time I've had in an online game in a while.

1) Do not sell your Guild Wars account (If you plan on getting GW2), if you have any titles or rank on that account it is a high possibility that they will be transferable to Guild Wars. Not even high, they will have some effect that much is certain.

2) Greens in this game, depending on what they are, are worth shit and easily farmable, superior runes are also worthless and depending on the upgrades for the weapons then they too could be found for cheap on several GW auction sites/ingame.

3) Anyone who was in Disciples of the Mix and was active, had fun. In fact, i still have several people on my Ventrilo as of this moment that were in the guild and can tell you that themselves.

Also John, we ran you whenever you wanted. And i distinctly remember running you through Sanctum Cay and through the Crystal Desert. So don't play yo' self.

Also i was the third leader of DotM and approve of this message.

Tony you bitchass if you read this post Lisa wants to talk to you. We all do.

I think they have to make Guild Wars 2 a lot like the next Diablo game (not storywise) for people to play it. GW gets very stale. And the Wangless, I wasn't talking about our guild. You weren't even in it that much, were you?

And yes, the old DoTM days were the best days I've had in gaming. Then, people left and we only had about 6 really active people, and then people grew tired. Bryce, I'm looking at you.

I've been wanting to play GW again but all this talk of non-active guild members and what not reminds me of why I stopped playing in the first place. I was in one guild where the guild leader was basically non-existent and my friend and I were recruiting newbies and trying to run shit in the guild but it was to no avail. I'm willing to play again if anybody else does. I got a level 20 warrior but I don't have any of the expansions(yet) so I don't know if that's a low level or anything because I'm basically clueless on what's been going on in GW for the last 2 years. Oh, anybody mind telling me what DoTM was/is? Was/is it like the OCR guild or it's equivalent?

DotM was the shit and everyone was amazing that was in it. Or something to that effect. I met some great and long lasting friends through that and it was fun. Yes.

We could write books with all the lulz that happened in that guild. VOLUMES UPON VOLUMES.

As the second leader of DotM, I approve this message? Josh, you're a fag, but I love you.

I've been wanting to play GW again but all this talk of non-active guild members and what not reminds me of why I stopped playing in the first place. I was in one guild where the guild leader was basically non-existent and my friend and I were recruiting newbies and trying to run shit in the guild but it was to no avail. I'm willing to play again if anybody else does. I got a level 20 warrior but I don't have any of the expansions(yet) so I don't know if that's a low level or anything because I'm basically clueless on what's been going on in GW for the last 2 years. Oh, anybody mind telling me what DoTM was/is? Was/is it like the OCR guild or it's equivalent?

DotM / Disciples of the Mix - was OCR's official guild. It was led by board user Origami and it's name originated from the postcount rank of "Disciple of the Mix" from the olden days of OCR.

Like i said before, the guild was only as good as the people in it. A handful of us still talk & GAME TOGETHER, even as of this post.

Everyone who bitched about the guild was either inactive or probably just really terrible at the game. For more information on GW OCR lore, visit http://wiki.unmod.org/index.php?title=Savage_Seduction

I still play Guild Wars, and have been ever since the game has been out. Got all three campaigns and the expansion. Level 20 of each class except ritualist(though I did have a level 20 rit at one point) with most having some form of elite armor. Mainly a PvE guy here but I've always been interested in PvP, just never got around to it in my guild.

Being in Disciples of the Mix (and its descendants, Do A Barrel Roll and Savage Seduction) was by far some of the best times of gaming I've ever had. Hands down. As Equinox stated, I met people through that guild that I still talk to today, and, as nerdy as this sounds, without that experience I'd lead a much lonelier online life.

Guild Wars was, and still is in a lot of ways, a fantastic game. I've logged well over 3000 hours since its inception, and I don't regret a moment of it--though I will attribute a vast amount of that enjoyment to the people I played with. Equinox, Origami, Dead Hex, D-Lux, Azul, Brycepops, irriadin, T-Stock, and a whole shitload of other people who are an absolute blast to play with--whether having Origami yell at us for sucking in the middle of a GvG, going out and traipsing across the Southern Shiverpeaks as a guild to cap Feast of Corruption, hanging out on Ventrilo calling each other fags and just generally shooting the shit, or the eventual addition of the IRC channel #roll--all of these I look upon quite fondly.

Granted, if you're playing solely by yourself, it's not going to be as fun--that's just how multiplayer games are. And by this time, the 'OCR guild' itself is long dead, of course. But GW2 is on the horizon, and I know I'll be diving in headfirst--perhaps at that point, we can rouse up interest here once again.

(I'm in the library waiting for my next class, and bored as shiet. So I'll type my rant here.)

I'll probably get GW2 if its noticeably different than GW and doesn't seem like another expansion. I think Factions killed Guild Wars, as crazy as that sounds. It wasn't worth the money. Nightfall was definitely an improvement, but Factions didn't add anything to the table besides two classes that are over matched in PVE and hard to play otherwise. Very boring storyline, monotonous scenery. I thought the story in Guild Wars was great. Greet the White Mantle, beat the White Mantle. Factions was just a rehash of the flood in Halo. Towns were more diluted, it was hard to find people to play with in any continent. Popular spots in Tyria were empty. You could idle in Magumma Stade for hours before meeting anyone else. I really miss those days, before Factions. Had so many good times.

Guild Wars 2 can be the most perfect PC game in history if they do a few things right.

1. Fix the economy. People just starting out in the game are screwed, and people who have played 1000+ hours have no use for money. I think they have to make the items improve your character noticeably better, and not just add +15% damage to an already low damage output. Set restrictions like it currently is, but give more diverse stats like Diablo 2.

2. Skill animations. Absolutely boring and awful for all elementalist skills. A fire storm is yellow lines. An ice bolt, or whatever it is called, is a gray triangle. I know you are trying to reduce the lag, but..it almost makes it looks like spell casters aren't doing anything at all.

3. Metagame. No explanation here, its actually fun trying to break the current metagame. I just wish they would balance each class as to be able to cancel out one other class. I don't know if it is changed now, but in the first year of Guild Wars, Mesmers were absolutely useless, but were my favorite class to play. Then they got rid of spirit spam and nature's renewal, and then rangers were absolutely useless unless used for a spike.

4. Story. For gods sake, throw out everything you tried to do in Factions and Nightfall and focus on Tyria. This is probably what killed a lot of the player base.

5. More rewards for being in a guild. More diverse guild halls, customizable options, make people spend money on their guild hall to personalize it and make them proud of it!

6. In game voice when on instanced maps (not in towns). Or maybe guild voice chat.

7. More diverse PvP everything. They have made a lot of improvements since the beginning. But they shouldn't remove things because they want to and put them back later. For instance, 6v6 and 8v8 in Tombs. Let us choose, not force one way or the other. 6 team FFA in Tombs. What was wrong with it! Bring it back!

Ok, thats it for now. I'll probably think of more things later.

(I'm in the library waiting for my next class, and bored as shiet. So I'll type my rant here.)

I'll probably get GW2 if its noticeably different than GW and doesn't seem like another expansion. I think Factions killed Guild Wars, as crazy as that sounds. It wasn't worth the money. Nightfall was definitely an improvement, but Factions didn't add anything to the table besides two classes that are over matched in PVE and hard to play otherwise. Very boring storyline, monotonous scenery. I thought the story in Guild Wars was great. Greet the White Mantle, beat the White Mantle. Factions was just a rehash of the flood in Halo. Towns were more diluted, it was hard to find people to play with in any continent. Popular spots in Tyria were empty. You could idle in Magumma Stade for hours before meeting anyone else. I really miss those days, before Factions. Had so many good times.

Guild Wars 2 can be the most perfect PC game in history if they do a few things right.

1. Fix the economy. People just starting out in the game are screwed, and people who have played 1000+ hours have no use for money. I think they have to make the items improve your character noticeably better, and not just add +15% damage to an already low damage output. Set restrictions like it currently is, but give more diverse stats like Diablo 2.

2. Skill animations. Absolutely boring and awful for all elementalist skills. A fire storm is yellow lines. An ice bolt, or whatever it is called, is a gray triangle. I know you are trying to reduce the lag, but..it almost makes it looks like spell casters aren't doing anything at all.

3. Metagame. No explanation here, its actually fun trying to break the current metagame. I just wish they would balance each class as to be able to cancel out one other class. I don't know if it is changed now, but in the first year of Guild Wars, Mesmers were absolutely useless, but were my favorite class to play. Then they got rid of spirit spam and nature's renewal, and then rangers were absolutely useless unless used for a spike.

4. Story. For gods sake, throw out everything you tried to do in Factions and Nightfall and focus on Tyria. This is probably what killed a lot of the player base.

5. More rewards for being in a guild. More diverse guild halls, customizable options, make people spend money on their guild hall to personalize it and make them proud of it!

6. In game voice when on instanced maps (not in towns). Or maybe guild voice chat.

7. More diverse PvP everything. They have made a lot of improvements since the beginning. But they shouldn't remove things because they want to and put them back later. For instance, 6v6 and 8v8 in Tombs. Let us choose, not force one way or the other. 6 team FFA in Tombs. What was wrong with it! Bring it back!

Ok, thats it for now. I'll probably think of more things later.

I agree somewhat with your first point. However, I find that NOT grinding for money is a plus. I play to have fun, not for OMFG LOOK AT MY ITEMS GUYZ!!!11one. Or, alternatively, I guess you could use the money for your fifth point. Your second point...no idea what graphics you're running, but Guild Wars' skill animations are beautiful. Your third point wants to turn GW into a giant game of Rock Paper Scissors. Having one class cancel out another is retarded in every sense. Sure have some skills here and there to shutdown a particular type of build but an entire class shut down another entire class? Your fourth point is your opinion. I for one, enjoyed Factions and actually completed it before Prophecies. In either case, I think it was the lack of PvE content that Factions offered was the problem with killing the fan base, not the storyline.