so, i used to play guild wars and don't anymore

prophetik music

I agree somewhat with your first point. However, I find that NOT grinding for money is a plus. I play to have fun, not for OMFG LOOK AT MY ITEMS GUYZ!!!11one. Or, alternatively, I guess you could use the money for your fifth point. Your second point...no idea what graphics you're running, but Guild Wars' skill animations are beautiful. Your third point wants to turn GW into a giant game of Rock Paper Scissors. Having one class cancel out another is retarded in every sense. Sure have some skills here and there to shutdown a particular type of build but an entire class shut down another entire class? Your fourth point is your opinion. I for one, enjoyed Factions and actually completed it before Prophecies. In either case, I think it was the lack of PvE content that Factions offered was the problem with killing the fan base, not the storyline.

1 - You wouldn't have to grind. Just make items not meaningless, like they are now. They are solely there for their skins, which is a plus that GW has over other games of the same caliber.

2 - Nvidia 8800 GTS. The backgrounds and player models are rendered beautiful and fine. But you can't say most of the skill animations are the same. Look at Diablo's skill animations. And I don't want to suggest it should be messy like Diablo's animations, particularly if there a lot on the screen at once, but some improvement is needed. Like, an actual fireball when you throw a fireball. Or an actual ice spear. Not some 2D crap.

3 - Wouldn't be a rock-paper-scissors. Just wish it was more balanced between classes, would allow for more creativity in builds. For instance, the monk had a bunch a useless smite skills because they weren't practical to use in action (again I haven't played in a long time).

4 - Factions storyline - generic Asian continent, taken over by an evil ninja assassin, who summons flood-like creatures all over the mainland, and you have to fight a ton of them in the first half of the game. Then two "factions" with little backstory and they don't really hate eachother and you are just supposed to do quests for each side. Yawn. Tyria had a much better storyline. And thats saying something. I don't even remember Nightfall's story it was so insignificant.

Guild Wars was, and still is in a lot of ways, a fantastic game. I've logged well over 3000 hours since its inception, and I don't regret a moment of it--though I will attribute a vast amount of that enjoyment to the people I played with. Equinox, Origami, Dead Hex, D-Lux, Azul, Brycepops, irriadin, T-Stock, and a whole shitload of other people who are an absolute blast to play with--whether having Origami yell at us for sucking in the middle of a GvG, going out and traipsing across the Southern Shiverpeaks as a guild to cap Feast of Corruption, hanging out on Ventrilo calling each other fags and just generally shooting the shit, or the eventual addition of the IRC channel #roll--all of these I look upon quite fondly.

Hahahahahah #roll. I totally forgot ALL about that. God that brings back memories.

o_o. GW is fricken awesome, been with it since it's initial release, and still love it. I play with my sister and best friends on a weekly basis. Can't wait for gw2. ^_^

Anyway, if any of you still wish to be rid of your unused gw account(s), i have a cheap-ass cousin who's interested in one. Just let me know and we can work something out.

1 - You wouldn't have to grind. Just make items not meaningless, like they are now. They are solely there for their skins, which is a plus that GW has over other games of the same caliber.

2 - Nvidia 8800 GTS. The backgrounds and player models are rendered beautiful and fine. But you can't say most of the skill animations are the same. Look at Diablo's skill animations. And I don't want to suggest it should be messy like Diablo's animations, particularly if there a lot on the screen at once, but some improvement is needed. Like, an actual fireball when you throw a fireball. Or an actual ice spear. Not some 2D crap.

3 - Wouldn't be a rock-paper-scissors. Just wish it was more balanced between classes, would allow for more creativity in builds. For instance, the monk had a bunch a useless smite skills because they weren't practical to use in action (again I haven't played in a long time).

4 - Factions storyline - generic Asian continent, taken over by an evil ninja assassin, who summons flood-like creatures all over the mainland, and you have to fight a ton of them in the first half of the game. Then two "factions" with little backstory and they don't really hate eachother and you are just supposed to do quests for each side. Yawn. Tyria had a much better storyline. And thats saying something. I don't even remember Nightfall's story it was so insignificant.

Point 1 taken, but I still think the skill animations look just fine. I was playing my monk the other day and I was thinking to myself how cool they look. Nightfall's storyline is definitely not insignificant though as it ties together all the events of each campaign into one big cohesive story. Though I do agree with you that Prophecies has the best storyline, I just don't think the other two were crap.

• 2 weeks later...