OCR00936 - Crazy Comets "Komet Non-Stop"

djpretzel

OMG IM IN THE 80's!!! This is awesome! I mean, I'm not a big fan of synth-pop, but the way you pulled this off, makes it awesome. Very sweet synth work. (especially the bass) The vocals make me freakin laugh my ass off! "Non-stop comet elation" Oh it's pure genius! Makke, you are a breath of fresh air and a kick in the pants as to what can be done with a remix!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, this is extremly cool! I dig both Kraftwerk and Hubbard, and the way you put them together is nice. I especially like your true-to-the-rolemodel singing, very classy! How come there are so many game music/unexpected music genre remixers from Sweden? (You, Game Over, Neskvartetten) I´m not a fan of Swedish contemporary music, but this makes me so proud... And happy!

• 1 year later...

Woah, it is the end song from revenge of the nerds!

Awesome pitchbends on the lead, and the vocals are total space synth. I really like the counterpoint parts as well, and though I could never see myself creating something like this, I can appreciate it's style. I think I actually prefer this to most of Makke's other tracks, though they all contain something that I like.

The laser sounds are great, and though the beats are somewhat repetitive, I can't resist the non-stop comet action.

• 4 years later...
This is a fun song, largely due to the vocals. A bit minimalistic & aged a bit poorly, but I can enjoy this.

The emphasis on good production would actually ruin the feel here, as the 80's sound wasn't really about perfect EQ and was all about lots of reverb and retro synths - it just wouldn't be the same with modern production techniques, in my humble opinion. So to me, it's aged perfectly :<

EDIT - the artist was going for an 80's sound, not that it was MADE in the 80's just to clarify, so don't get yer knickers in a knot about technicalities and what have you ;)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00936 - Crazy Comets "Komet Non-Stop"