OCR01701 - Kirby & The Amazing Mirror "Kirby's Mystical Mirror"

djpretzel

Kinda quiet, but whatever - that's easily remedied.

Anyway, this is a well-made ReMix. Very interesting sonically. Like djp mentioned, this is great background music, but when listening more intensively, there will be so many subtle changes throughout the track that it becomes very interesting. When I skip around the track, it's difficult to find sections that sound identical. I find those little additions, change-ups, tempo variations, and even quick one-second changes crucial in a track like this. There is a ton of subtlety in here to keep its listener interested, and with enough layers and/or intricacies to keep interest several times over.

Diggin' the track, man. So chill, and I like chill, yo.

Well, where to begin...

I love the ghostly vibratos in the background.

I love the constant mood swings. (someone else wrote: Changes are the staff of life)

And, at the same time, the whole thing seems so fluid and constant!

And, at 2:20, not only it slows down, but it changes from (correct me if i'm wrong) 4/8 to scherzo. Impressive, in my opinion. In short, I loved it.

This is wonderful! This is probably my favorite kind of DnB feel and you captured an amazing mellow, yet ass-kicking feel throughout. The production is top-notch and the backing jazz cymbal is really awesome. The only problem I had was that it never really feels comfortable in where it is; like the song feels it needs to change things up quicker than necessary. Otherwise, this is incredible work and I hope to see more from this artist. Great work!

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate all of this :)

And, at 2:20, not only it slows down, but it changes from (correct me if i'm wrong) 4/8 to scherzo.

Well, not too sure of your terminology, but it goes from a simple time signature (4/4, etc) to one based on 3, I think its 3/4, but it could vary. Thanks for the feedback and interest! :D

I thought "meh, whatever" when I first heard this because I had the volume down low and I was playing a game so I wasn't paying attention, but then Hemophiliac mentioned all the sub going on in this track, so I gave it another listen and thought "hey what is this bass doing here?"

<3

Pretty smooth mix; It has some nice ideas, and great percussion and low low low bass throughout.

The melodic content coming in so late is a pretty strange styleistic choice, in my opinion. It's like the first half of the track is the intro; I realize the need for setting up atmosphere in a track, but I think the amount of time used is a bit excessive. It's a pretty chill track overall, and the elements that are there throughout progress pretty well on their own; I guess in the grand scheme of things, it's good to go. I am convinced that a more concise intro would have been the way to take things.

Panning ideas is pretty cool on some of the arpeggios once things get filled out a bit more, but I think ultimately, this is a background track for doing stuff. Very nice production on this. :-)

this same songs been on newgrounds audio portal for a while:shock: so unless you are the one who made this and just now decided to post this then hm...:!::!:

Listen, I put this up on Newgrounds when I had finished it. At the time, my alias there was "Navij11," but its just "Nav" now on NG. Since djpretzel does a personal review of each track, there is going to be a considerable delay between track completion and track posting here.

So yes, I did put this on Newgrounds when I had finished, and it was only just put up here.

And yes, I am the one who made this.

What amases me the most about this piece it's it's transparency . It's like you can "see" the silence though the sound. Am I making any sense?

Anyway a very subtle and focus-rewarding piece.

Swift and still at the same time. Like someone standing in the wind.

Hoping to hear more from you.

I like the sounds and textures in this a lot. This sounds like the kind of "intelligent" DnB you had in the late 90's. Mellow and minimal, but not laced too much with the disco and funk influence. And the theremin is used to good effect here.

Congratulations, you're the first person to catch that! :)

This song WAS completely based, stylistically of course, on Omni Trio's early (circa 1996) works. So yeah, you got it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This reminds me of something from Toonami, the focus on those dark subtle beats, the slight downplay of the main melody. On the flip side, I feel the melody is buried too deeply here and greatly overshadowed by the bass. It's got that deep space groove going on but it doesn't scream "Kirby" to me. It's a good song in its own right, and I like it, but I just can't quite connect it with Kirby.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01701 - Kirby & The Amazing Mirror "Kirby's Mystical Mirror"