CRAZY East West Deal! Buy 1 Get 1 Free!

stupid may sound a bit harsh if one is easily offended, but i believe the politically correct way of saying it would be that it's simply not practical to boycott a plugin just because of that.

otherwise, (and don't take this personally--i'm not calling YOU stupid) i agree that it is a pretty weaksauce reason.

but wuteva. to each their own. that's what makes the world go 'round.

How else can you really show a company that you disapprove of a decision they made than to not buy a product for that reason?

Dongles annoy me. I don't want to buy a damn USB hub and install as many protection device drivers as dongles just to use my software.

Plus, it illustrates a mindset that I, the customer, am not to be trusted.

Of course, a dongle alone won't stop me from buying, but when a company decides to stick it to their customers to buy a protection device for THEIR benefit (what benefit, besides unlocking the software, do I, the customer, get from that purchase?) then I have a serious problem.

I don't want them to stick me, the legitimate customer, with the costs of their paranoid fears of 13-year-olds who couldn't afford to buy the product anyway downloading it over BitTorrent.

If we, the customers, keep bending over and taking it, this practice will not stop.

stupid may sound a bit harsh if one is easily offended, but i believe the politically correct way of saying it would be that it's simply not practical to boycott a plugin just because of that.

otherwise, (and don't take this personally--i'm not calling YOU stupid) i agree that it is a pretty weaksauce reason.

No worries. I don't offend easily. Otherwise, I'd be going completely apeshit during my tour here in Iraq (still have some ways to go before I go home). But to call ANYONE's reason stupid could discourage an otherwise informative discussion.

How else can you really show a company that you disapprove of a decision they made than to not buy a product for that reason?

Dongles annoy me. I don't want to buy a damn USB hub and install as many protection device drivers as dongles just to use my software.

Plus, it illustrates a mindset that I, the customer, am not to be trusted.

Of course, a dongle alone won't stop me from buying, but when a company decides to stick it to their customers to buy a protection device for THEIR benefit (what benefit, besides unlocking the software, do I, the customer, get from that purchase?) then I have a serious problem.

I don't want them to stick me, the legitimate customer, with the costs of their paranoid fears of 13-year-olds who couldn't afford to buy the product anyway downloading it over BitTorrent.

If we, the customers, keep bending over and taking it, this practice will not stop.

not to sound argumentative, but you make it sound like they're some evil entity who has just murdered your parents and raped your sister. i agree that dongles are an inconvenience, but as i stated, they are a SLIGHT one at best, and a VERY MINOR one at worst.

the general public is absolutely NOT to be trusted. thieves look and generally act just like regular people. do you get mad when a cashier asks to see your ID if you pay with a card? does that mean she is intentionally sticking it to you the customer because you cannot be trusted?

also, i currently have a USB hub, because i currently have my interface, mouse and keyboard, 2 external HD's, my axiom 61, camera, printer, iLok, and Dongle hooked up. with the exception of the mouse and keyboard, none of the other things are *necessary* to use my computer. i didn't pitch a fit for any of the other items--why does a dongle make any difference? that's just how it is, bro.

what benefit do you the customer from that additional purchase? when you buy something and batteries aren't included, what benefit do you get? well, you get to use the product. do you expect compensation when you go buy those batteries? and bear in mind, they didn't sell any of it to you. they licenced it. it reminds you each time you install it, they explicitly state that you do not OWN their product.

at any rate, again, you're free to do and think as you please, and i'm not really that concerned about trying to *convert* you or anything, but i thought i'd at least provide the counterpoints to your concerns. it's alwasy good to hear both sides of every story, regardless of the outcome.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody who has bought and used any of the new PLAY soundbanks, I ordered the free trial pack a few months ago to test them out, and while stand-alone worked fine, I could not get them to work in FL6 for the life of me (they load, but there is no sound after loading an instrument). Is there something I need to do? I'm pretty sure they should work in FL. Please help/correct me if I'm wrong. I'm gonna buy a couple if i can figure this out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't let that stop you though, you can always just get someone there to order a physical copy from another store (called a Sit/Dropship). Mention those words and they'll know what to do. And I guarantee they're not going to give you any crap over it.

(Sit - item sent to store, you go pick it up. Dropship - Item sent directly to your house.)