Final Fantasy 8 'Devotion & Deception'

derako

The only thing that stands out to me is those slap sticks (I think they are slap sticks) that come in right at 4:07. I can't really explain it, but they just don't fit in.

Thanks for the comment. The slap stick sound is actually the taiko drum. It's a patch that has the drummer hitting the sides of the drum. Jeremy and I thought it would add dramatic effect.

Thanks for the comment. The slap stick sound is actually the taiko drum. It's a patch that has the drummer hitting the sides of the drum. Jeremy and I thought it would add dramatic effect.

I thought they were woodblocks or something.... Anyways I still really like the piece overall.

• 3 months later...
Well finally after months and months of waiting, the resub for Devotion and Deception has hit the panel. It will probably be another month or so before it gets voted on but at least it's up there now. That made my day :)

All the best, hope to see this on the front page of OCR once day. =]

Just caught this now for the first time (been out of the loop a while), missed all the querying about samples and whatnot. It's interesting listening only to the latest 320kbps version while reading the posts from October complaining about sample quality. The samples sound great. All the effects seem massaged so well, this is the quality Nobuo probably wishes he could have gotten on the PS1.

This brings to my mind A Falcon, A Whale, and an Unknown Land in terms of pacing. I love how the last half of each go, and here specifically how the voices from Liberi Fatali are adjusted, they sound as though they were almost different takes.

Should be posted. Incredibly done.

and here specifically how the voices from Liberi Fatali are adjusted, they sound as though they were almost different takes.

:razz: there was only one voice in that take that was actually real and from Liberi Fatali, the rest was ewql symphonic choirs. Actually I made a very realistic take without any voices from the original but Jeremy and I decided it couldn't hurt to include the real thing. It really came together nicely. And thank you for the compliment.

-Derek-

• 3 weeks later...