Happy Birthday, NEEDS TO STOP (i.e. continue as is)

Equinox

I also noted this, and stated in gecko's birthday thread that we should have a sub-forum of sorts for this kind of stuff. That way we don't need one person looking for everyone's birthday and updating the thread, but something like what we have now, where you know someone you appreciate has his/her birthday and you post it up.

Somehow I don't think that will pan out for those of us who aren't OMGURAWSUM popular on this site.
Look, I hate to say it, but every single forum member does not deserve their own thread. Not even every remixer does.

If no one, ON A FORUM ON THE INTERNET, wishes you a happy birthday, then too bad so sad. I've been apart of this community for years and haven't once got a thread about my birthday, and for some strange reason my life goes on.

All I'm saying, is if people care enough about you and your birthday, they'll shout out on IRC, send you an IM, or as I said PM you. It isn't necessary that every n00b with 100 posts gets acknowledged that it's their birthday by the entire community.

We're not making a birthday subforum.

Look, I hate to say it, but every single forum member does not deserve their own thread. Not even every remixer does. We're all thinking this, but no one wants to say it. We simply have too many for that to be realistic, and now that it's the new fad, the forum is getting clogged.

Seriously, we need to stop this birthday thread shit and go back to circle jerking ourselves over McVaffe and contests.

All I'm saying, is if people care enough about you and your birthday, they'll shout out on IRC, send you an IM, or as I said PM you.

damn right, most of people on the net i care already have a way to contact me via an instant messanger.

At worst, we can manage one thread per day for everyone, and the thread is locked/Erased once the day is gone.

Nah, you were just (trying) to take a jab at the site. But without people like you we wouldn't be able to make jokes about judgehate (etc), so keep it up. Always good for laughs every time :lol:

Looks like the best idea put forth so far would be to have no more than one thread a day, and if there are multiple people that day, to consolidate those people into one thread for the day (eg. Happy birthday Coop, Edgecrusher, blah.)

We're going to be doing more mailouts in the future on interviews convention appearences, etc. Use your forum account to turn off admin emails if you don't want them. Otherwise, shaddaps.

Also, we now have Happy birfday EXTRAVAGANZA, led off by Suzu B-day 2007.

[17:05] <@zircon> So seriously just one thread for everyone?

[17:05] <@zircon> forever?

[17:05] <@Liontamer> nah

[17:06] <@Liontamer> but when their shelf life is expired, they can get thrown into EXTRAVAGANZA

So make a new thread, it's fine. I'll just merge 'em into the big thread as they get old.

ahahahah you guys are so bitter. it's awesome. i was almost convinced that this was a happy place.

-= george =-

p.s. i will sign every single solitary message i damn well please. and i will -like- it. and you CANT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME. i'm probably old enough to have carried the sperm fired out of the gun barrel that created you and no whippersnapper is going to stop me from posting how i want. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.

p.p.s. :D