undergrad and graduate work - where are you going?

prophetik music

just did this last fall. very hard, lots of work, incredibly rewarding. i still go back for concerts, and i'm still Mr. Burr, even when i go with the band directors and half the band to Buffalo Wild Wings afterwords to watch the sabres games =)

Yeah, I'm kind of ridiculously excited for the fall. I know where my high school strings placement is, and I'm going to have a friggin army of string players - there are two high schools in the district with a total of like 300 string players or something ridiculous. Still haven't heard about my elementary general music placement yet though...that should be fun too though.

I just graduated last December with a Bachelor's in History and Sociology with a concentration in Criminal Justice (I'm dual wielding!!!). My professors really pushed me to go on to graduate school, insisting I needed to teach... but I really don't want anything to do with it.

I've been doing a combination of graphics and research/writing for musuem exhibits for the last few years (just put in a 50-foot wall-mounted timeline of the Roman Empire with actual coins of each emperor along with a short biography). I figure if I'm going to continue with either one, it's going to be the graphics (which I originally started doing entirely as a hobby, with no formal training). Sort of makes me wonder what the heck I just spent the last several years at school for... :?

I'll be attending Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston where I'll most likely be majoring in computer science. Music isn't part of my plans but I'll still be bringing my guitars to college. Boston has a pretty rockin' music scene. Who knows what could happen?

• 3 months later...