OCR01702 - Mega Man 2 "Nuclear Flash"

djpretzel

A really entertaining and fun remix! It simply takes the original and has all kinds of creative fun with it. I like the overall BALLS in this one, especially in the really fast-paced parts. And yeah, the surfguitar carries maybe even bigger balls than the orchestra+guitar combo - awesome. Maybe not one of the most memorable tracks in OCR, but still a great, playful and most of all fun remix.

All these crazy genres kind of reminds me of Star Salzman's Black Wind Rising.

And there is a dang surf guitar and you include it and it doesn't like break the remix down! It doesn't disrupt the flow of the remix and I think that is what makes it, and this mix, so awesome

When I saw the names 'Sixto and Zircon' on the right side of the page, I had to check this out. It brilliantly combines and showcases each of the mixers' exceptional talents. The guitars work so well with the synths and electronic beats. Also, the surf guitar part rocked my world.

Probably the best flash man mix I've heard.

"Sixto," "zircon," "Pendulum," and "surf rock" all had me expecting something spectacular, and whaddya know--the buzzwords came through! Very obviously influenced by Pendulum, but very zircon-ish too. Sixto's guitars are excellent as usual. It's rare I can find a song that I can't just nitpick at, but this song would probably be one of those "perfect-in-my-opinion" songs. Excellent job, this has gone straight onto my Juke.

Liontamer said:
Yeah, it sucks that there were so many good ideas in there. :lol:

Yes, it does suck. Lots of good ideas, poor execution. It was more like a "ta da! Here's a weird blend of genres that we are hoping will make this song good!" sort of thing instead of a "ta da! Here's a really good track that just so happens to combine a bunch of genres!" sort of thing.

Not that the song was terrible or anything. It just sounds like an experiment in genre combining that didn't really work out.

EDIT: I apologize again, but also I want to acknowledge that @Liontamer was incredibly correct in calling me out on my frankly stupid comments.

Edited by oakthielbar
I was an asshole

Yes, it does suck. Lots of good ideas, poor execution. It was more like a "ta da! Here's a weird blend of genres that we are hoping will make this song good!" sort of thing instead of a "ta da! Here's a really good track that just so happens to combine a bunch of genres!" sort of thing.

Not that the song was terrible or anything. It just sounds like an experiment in genre combining that didn't really work out.

I don't know what you're smoking, or if you're just tonally deficient, but this is one of the best remixes to come out of OCR this year. And I'm not just saying that because zircon's a judge. Both zircon and sixto have skills that complement each other, and this mix is no exception.

Now you're entitled to your opinion, however, I think you should listen to the remix a few more times and just listen to listen, don't listen to critique. Take some time to appreciate the mix for what it is; music.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01702 - Mega Man 2 "Nuclear Flash"