HALP! Looking for something from long time ago . . .

Arcanis

Hi,

A long while back, a couple years maybe, there was a song floating around VGmix sites (like OCR) called "A Healed PKMN is a Happy PKMN." It was like a happy hardcore version of the PokeCenter music from the game. And it was awesome. And I lost it.

Does anyone still have this or know where I might find it? (Google wasn't very helpful)

Ah. A couple years back, that would explain why you can't find it. If you're not aware I'll clue you in. VGmix has only recently put itself back together after someone hacked the site and destroyed it's database, or something to that extent. All manner of songs were lost. They're rebuilding slowly but surely, but make no mistake...the song you look for is probably gone forever.

If it was on VGMix 1.0, (circa 2002-2003) then indeed, the song is gone. But if it was on VGMix 2 there is a backup of it. You can try asking in #vgmix (irc://irc.vgmix.com/vgmix) or checking the old lost and found thread on the VGMix 2.5 boards. Unfortunately the vast majority of those links are probably broken, and there's no new lost and found yet on VGMix X afaik.

Yeah more than likely its gone. There still maybe hope though.

Do you remember the artist's name? Maybe he still has the remix?

When the site went down, I re-downloaded a mix I lost from the artist himself. You should try asking him/her.

VGMix had some good remixes, it's a shame it went down.

Never knew it was hacked into.That sucks.

Close, but this is actually a different version. But, I have a feeling the one I was thinking of is by the same artist, so I will try contacting him. Thanks lots so far, and +1000 internets to whomever finds that song!

Alright well.. I just figured that was it since it was clearly labeled as such, but I have two others by him, so one of them are probably it:

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/pkmnwip.mp3

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/pokecentermix2.mp3

Hopefully one of those is it!

ResdntEvilFreak = DJ Death?

I think the pokecentermix2.mp3 is the closest to the one I'm looking for. It was about 3 minutes long, and I remember the gameboy sounds at the beginning, the end, and a little clip in the middle somewheres. It sounded like a "finished" mix, if you knwo what I mean.

The hunt goes on . . .

ResdntEvilFreak = DJ Death?

I think the pokecentermix2.mp3 is the closest to the one I'm looking for. It was about 3 minutes long, and I remember the gameboy sounds at the beginning, the end, and a little clip in the middle somewheres. It sounded like a "finished" mix, if you knwo what I mean.

The hunt goes on . . .

Hmm.. oh well. Maybe he just had another WIP version floating around that I never snagged.

Sigh . . . it looks like he's been inactive since 2003, and his website is no longer available. He also doesn't show up on other sites like vgmix (at least not under the same name).

Is there any chance somebody knows how to get in touch with ResdntEvilFreak?

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have the version you're asking for. I snatched it back when it was pretty much the only pokemon remix in the world. PM me for an email or something, and I'll send the one I have to you. Judging from the other versions that have been supplied, and that you say those aren't them, this may be the exact one you're looking for.

Thanks for that one, The Damned, it's closer (later on the WIP timeline, if you will), but the "final" one is still nowhere to be seen.

I think I'm resigned to tracking down this ResdntEvilFreak and seeing if I can get it that way. If ANYBODY knows how to get in touch with him, please PM me.