OCR00940 - Castlevania II "Simon's Symphony"

djpretzel

The part between 2:17 and 2:28 made my day, thanks:

That's weird, I was thinking the same thing. At 2:20, he almost has a Mindless Self Indulgence vibe with the high falsetto in there. It was cool.

But overall, I'm not sure this song is my taste, because I guess it felt too empty to me (in terms of bass), and I'm not extremely fond of hip-hop.

actually you made a good point about the bass. But i wont get into it. Its still a cool hip-hop remix.

Another good mix by DJ Crono. As already pointed out, bass is the only thing this could use.

When you said you were trying to work on panning, I thought I would listen to the song again on my headphones to check it out. I find for most of the first part, the panning is very subtle. I like your panning of instruments that come in later on; you should just try to pan the drums a little more next time to spice it up. Then again, you're the uber composer :P.

8O OH MY GOD 8O

IT SUCKED. It's one of THE worst remixes I have EVER heard. You just HAD to go and remix a Castlevania track and fux0r it up...didn't ya?

Sorry if I seem extremely negative but...hearing some of my favorite music from one of my all-time favorite game series being BUTCHERED without the proverbial reach-around...was MORE THAN I COULD STAND.

In the future...PLEASE remember that Castlevania is a ROCKER'S game. Keep it away from the RAP. Good GODS! :roll:

(Yes. It's one of my first posts. I FINALLY had a reason to bitch.)

8O OH MY GOD 8O

IT SUCKED. It's one of THE worst remixes I have EVER heard. You just HAD to go and remix a Castlevania track and fux0r it up...didn't ya?

Sorry if I seem extremely negative but...hearing some of my favorite music from one of my all-time favorite game series being BUTCHERED without the proverbial reach-around...was MORE THAN I COULD STAND.

In the future...PLEASE remember that Castlevania is a ROCKER'S game. Keep it away from the RAP. Good GODS! :roll:

And the constructive part of that criticism is..............

Well... hip hop isn't my genre of choice. I love the spirit of OCR and the fact that this stuff is being done... and it gets more and more professional for every time. But this remix just isn't for me.

Some of the sounds are a bit too synthetic... in a, IMO, bad way. I mean, I think it would it would be really cool if you used some oldschool NES-ish samples and combined it with your rapping. But this way.... it just sounds fake. I just don't see the charm. Also, I find the use of the hip hopy scratch samples and to be a bit overdone.

Hmm.... well, my main complaint is that it feels unfocused and, as previous reviewers have already said, forced. I'd apprecieate something groovier... something to make use of the original without having a horn blasting the main melody in the background. I find that stuff distracting and confusing. But that's me. I want laid back stuff.

Despite all of this.... I like the remix. Keep it up!

Oh, and I get all sorts of eminem vibes here. With all the talk about "one life" and opportunities and stuff. Heh... that makes me thinking of that 8 mile track. =)

/tommyboy

Hey Crono I think you did a hell of a job on your remixes We need to see more from you I am trying to become a dj so please I wanna talk some more my email is dkpw83@yahoo.com

My aim is djalucard

my yahoo is dkpw83

Please I wanna talk to you I live in massachusetts so there is a 3 hour diffrence but I suffer from insomnia soi hit me anytime Please

Keep up the good work b safe and represent

8O OH MY GOD 8O

:roll: ummmm.....okay?

Well I liked the intruments, and the beat, BUT I don't think the RAP worked with that song. But hey I don't usually listen to Rap so what can I say.

Even though I didn't love the Rap I still keep playing it.

But I really digged the beat and instruments once again.

Thanks,

no offense, but I think just about everyone learned after listening to Dracula Perfect Selection that rap and CV music just doesnt go well together :(

You actually suffered through that crap?! Wow. I listened to a few samples and I couldn't stand it anymore. To be fair though, I believe DJ Chrono had alot more talent then the yahoos they had doing that CD.

8O OH MY GOD 8O

wow, this was the most N00B post ive seen in months...FUCK YOU!

I just wanted to say that, and that i dont think many realise that crono seems he was going for a more technical and fuller mix than usual. True it could have been better if it was more smooth and groovish, but then the technicality of the piece would very much be lost. I do think his other works are better, but this is very very technical and arranged well. The samples should be less in your face or just quieted down a bit.

I think you did just fine by this mix crono. Keep it up. I look forward to your next work... oh and i look forward to seeing you around anime remix more.

Hey, if you would WIP your stuff, you probably would have gotten all this criticism about the samples before submitting. (just a suggestion)

no offense, but I think just about everyone learned after listening to Dracula Perfect Selection that rap and CV music just doesnt go well together :(

this is like saying megaman music should not be done with guitars because its techno based. It doesnt matter what song or game someone uses as long as they do it well. Im sure there has been tons of horrible remixes for every game, does that mean the genres those people tried wont work? no. Im not attacking you, just saying telling people they should not mix a song, or a genre, or a game is just stupid in my opinion.

I like this. I really enjoy how different it is from many of the remixes on here. It feels a lot like some of the spanish rap I've heard, which reminds me a lot of home. I take it back - I love it, purely for reasons of sentimentality.

For the record, I think the only thing that sounds kinda off is the scratching that's done. It doesn't feel organic, and I'm not sure if that was the intention.

Wait... did I just hear DJ Crono say golden shower? I now feel dirty.

All in all: KEEN!

Wait... did I just hear DJ Crono say golden shower? I now feel dirty.

You guys are funny. "Golden Shower" = Being showered by GOLD/MONEY! Not human excretion, DAMN! :wink: You guys make me wonder about you sometimes. Kinda scary alot of you people actually think I'd put that in my song, unless you were playing around too. But I don't know about some of you.......

Well basically i just want to send a big BOOOOOOOOOO to everyone who doesnt think this remix pwns them. Cause basically it pwns them really hard. It was a little under-par for Eres De Points, but honestly that song pwns all, so anything close to that is fargin awesome.

8O OH MY GOD 8O

What a dumbass.

8O OH MY GOD 8O

hey, thats great. its nice to know that when you are going to post, that you are going to bitch about something. say bye, bye to any future credibility you might have had.

and DJCrono

:nicework: "Nice Mix"

Note to self: Cyryl the Wolf = dumbass.

I thought the music was well done, and while I dislike rap, this is an excellent example of the genre. Most rap I can't stand to listen to for more than thirty seconds. This, on the other hand, is pretty good.

I don't think I really like it, but I can respect what you can do with it. Eminem and what have you isn't anywhere near this quality - but then, he seems to be more interested in being a thug.

'Course, most of these remixes greatly surpass mainstream media. But I'm sure you all realized that already.

8O OH MY GOD 8O

say bye, bye to any future credibility you might have had.

goes without saying, lol.

sometimes i feel sorry for people with such closed off minds, open it up man, let music be music.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00940 - Castlevania II "Simon's Symphony"