secret combos in old videogames

1makes2

Wow, that's a good question. Everything nowadays is either unlockable or an easter egg. There are no actual "Codes" anymore, really. Hmm...that's such a disappointment.

But to contribute to the conversation it was pretty convenient to have Sonic Jam on the Saturn, since it had all four of the 2D Genesis Sonics, and in the Sonic World option you'd find these little TVs that actually gave you the codes for them. Gosh but I can't name even a fourth of all the ones everyone's spitting out >_<.

I never played the sequel :(

Isn't their gonna be a third game coming out soon?

Supposedly it's supposed to come out in Q4 this year...AND, according to Gregg Mayles on the subject of Stop 'N' Swop, "[…]I'm going to say nothing yet again, although we are considering revealing the truth somewhere in the third game, as some kind of anniversary treat."

Not combos, but really some of the only codes I remember:

glitteringprizes

everylittlethingshedoes

hatchet

itisagooddaytodie

makeitso

onscreen

My fingers could (and still can) fly on the keyboard when inputting these codes.

WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness.

There's the money cheat, I don't remember the second one, the wood cheat, invulnerability/instagib cheat, fast build, and map reveal.

While we're on the topic, StarCraft:

PowerOverwhelming

ShowMeTheMoney

OperationCwal

ThereIsNoCowLevel

BlackSheepWall

And various others.

But to respond to the first post in the thread, the Debug Mode in Sonic 1 is UP-C-DOWN-C-LEFT-C-RIGHT HOLD A-START until level begins. Or if the level select comes up, pick your stage, and then hold A-START until that begins.

WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness.

There's the money cheat, I don't remember the second one, the wood cheat, invulnerability/instagib cheat, fast build, and map reveal.

While we're on the topic, StarCraft:

PowerOverwhelming

ShowMeTheMoney

OperationCwal

ThereIsNoCowLevel

BlackSheepWall

And various others.

But to respond to the first post in the thread, the Debug Mode in Sonic 1 is UP-C-DOWN-C-LEFT-C-RIGHT HOLD A-START until level begins. Or if the level select comes up, pick your stage, and then hold A-START until that begins.

Ha, nice. Warcraft 3:

greedisgood <insert amount>

synergy

allyourbasearebelongtous

somebodysetusupthebomb

warpten

whosyourdaddy

iseedeadpeople

And, on the subject of input codes, Rogue Squadron for the N64:

farmboy

tiedup

ace

igiveup

chicken

Those are the only ones I can remember. Ah...good times.