OCR00307 - Journey to Silius "Going Home"

Saunders

• 2 months later...

Journey to Silius 'GoingHome'

Eh, not really a very good remix simply because it has nothing new or special in it. Ok for a few good listens but other wise not too hot. I've seen much worse remixes though so i'd still say its worth a download just to see for yourself. Try it.

word.jpg

Funny pic Of the Day / \

_________________ |

• 2 years later...

Well...the only reason I think its good is because the original kicked so much ass...the panning, samples, ect. is just meh...an alright first mix but defendently not diserving to be on this site.

Now if you want your Journey To Silius ReMix crave to be fixed you'd might want to check out OCR Idol Round 4 where the song to remix this round is Journey To Silius and there will be many remixes to satisfy your need, link here - http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58850

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this song! Sunsoft had some of the best music on the NES ever. One wouldn't know it's even from the NES hearing it.

As for the remix, give Mellogear some slack; there's virtually no improving this track so taking on the task of arranging it is a bold step in itself.

Props to him for making a techno arrangement, a good one at that - Journey To Silius was asking for one.

• 1 year later...

Pretty cool and energetic track, though it seems a little vanilla with the exception of the added drums and such. Synths are decent overall, and get the job done, though the lead synth seems to be a touch too loud and "out there".

I remember seeing screen shots of this game like 300 years ago in an issue of Nintendo Power and wanting to play it, but Sunsoft always seemed to have distribution issues back then, and to this day i've never played the game. Maybe someday. :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:shock:

eh,

If nothing else, its original.

I do like the drums; those are interesting.

As the mix progresses, it gets calmer, more into a comfortable groove. This is one of those mixes where one has to listen past the intro/first minute before the mix really shines.

I got to say, this track is a long-time favorite of mine. And I can see why people might suggest that it's not that good of a ReMix--it's a decent track at normal speed, but it does sound a bit unenthused. However, if you really want to be shocked, play it in Windows Media Player, go to "View -> Enhancements -> Play Speed Settings", then make sure the window of the program is showing the visualizations, and grab that speed slider to "0.5". You are in for a treat. The drums in this track are absolutely genius and magnificent. However, no one actually realizes how much effort went into making the instruments so varied and dynamic. In fact, I prefer it at "0.5" speed. Delicious.

• 1 month later...

Not to sound drastic, but by not hitting that perfect fifth (G) of the super-epic ending of the original song, you've choked out my interest :( If you were trying to make a sort of massive climax by sticking to the perfect fourth (F) until the very end of the piece, you would have won me over big time - the release would have been somethin orgasmic. Your take on that motif is more original but I feel it makes it sound duller and less emotional - it doesn't go "all the way."

But the beat is solid, I'll give you that, and it has its own charm, but it doesn't satisfy me melodically. I wonder if, 8 years later, you're still doing this, and if you have newer works - if this was something you weren't so thrilled about THEN, I really want to hear what you've made that you really like NOW.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00307 - Journey to Silius "Going Home"