OCR00943 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Her Azure Eyes"

djpretzel

Wow, the song actually sounds like it's having fun. It's just so happy-go-lucky.

The flute sounds a bit out of place to me though, I never really pictured the flute being used in this context, and it just didn't click right away.

But it's good enough to overcome that easily. I'll definitely listen to it again. :)

I dunno. I think it's a little over-the-top. I mean, I like styles where electronic and classical music blend. It sounds like a wedding musical of the present where the wedding is soft and sweet with classical music, and then the trance music comes in at the reception. This song kind of reminds me of the time in-between.

Really, it's neat, but the rythum of the flute is something I could do without. No offence. The remix is acceptable.

Thank you for creating a song that i can play on repeat for well over an hour.

I dont like the original because i perticularly dont like sonic but i really love upbeat, and since this is from imc how could i resist? lol.

Thanx a lot, and please make a lot more of this style.

*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*

I cant really think of a way to describe the joy i get from hearing this. I love it!

dude i love that remix of Azure lake...just wish i could download it.

i heard this and was like "holy sh*t! this rocks!"

Anybody else confused here?

i was just listening to this again and wanted to just epress that this song really keeps me entertained, i really love it.

Nice mix. Definitly makes me smile. HappyHappyHappy. Gotta salute the man Darkesword for havin the guts to use lots of flutes in an electronic song. Its like he's saying, "My favorite color is pink! So what!" Well, not really, but yeah whatever. The classical type stuff done in this is quite well done and is a bit better than the electronic side to the mix. Not that the electronic parts are bad, just mebbe a bit less interesting. Good ending to a good mix. Thumbs up.

Nice mix. Definitly makes me smile. HappyHappyHappy. Gotta salute the man Darkesword for havin the guts to use lots of flutes in an electronic song. Its like he's saying, "My favorite color is pink! So what!" Well, not really, but yeah whatever. The classical type stuff done in this is quite well done and is a bit better than the electronic side to the mix. Not that the electronic parts are bad, just mebbe a bit less interesting. Good ending to a good mix. Thumbs up.

My favorite color is violet actually, and thanks. ^_^

I wanted to do something different than the normal synthy techno. I felt that adding natural elements to the song would make it a bit more unique. I've always liked melded styles of old and new.

For the record, this version of "Her Azure Eyes" is not the one I submitted to IMC3. The one I did for IMC3 is a shorter version; it doesn't have the entire B section (with the harp and strings). If you're interested in hearing the "development" of this mix, check it out at the IronMix Server, in the Contest 3 folder, or just hit up my website and find "Her Azure Eyes IMC Remix." The version I did for IMC came in second place, right after analoq's own "Sonik Azure," which, IMO, is a wicked remix.

After writing the mix for IMC, I decided that as it was, the mix was too short and a little repetetive, so I changed up the construction a bit, spent some time writing out the whole B section, and split up some patterns for greater versatility in construction.

The entire mix took me about 5 hours to do, split up over the course of two Friday nights. Not bad, I think.

Now that I think about it, the long judging process here in OCR is very helpful in some respects. Over the course of two months, I've improved greatly as a remixer, and going back and listening to something I did weeks ago helps me understand the kind of mistakes I used to make. It really puts your mixing ability in perspective; I listen to this now and I think to myself that there are a few things I would have done differently that would have made this mix sound different from the way it is now.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with the result.

dude i love that remix of Azure lake...just wish i could download it.

i heard this and was like "holy sh*t! this rocks!"

Anybody else confused here?

Yeah I'm just a bit confused, how does he know it rocks if he cant download it...

i think analoq deserved first place with his song. listen to his song and then listen to the song "breakfast at tiffany's" by "deep blue something" i believe and you will see just how pro that remix sounds.

Though i absolutely love this song, it just doesnt stand up there with analoqs... though i think both mixes are absolutely wonderful.

darke, please please please make more upbeat stuff.

if you do happy hardcore i garuntee youll get a good review from me, and im a HH freak, so if you take on ahppy hardcore, you can ask me for critique.

i think analoq deserved first place with his song. listen to his song and then listen to the song "breakfast at tiffany's" by "deep blue something" i believe and you will see just how pro that remix sounds.

Though i absolutely love this song, it just doesnt stand up there with analoqs... though i think both mixes are absolutely wonderful.

I think it does stand up there with analoq's, if you don't mind my saying so. It's not better (heavens no!), but it's up there. =\

SyZyGy, if you go back and look at the results for IMC3, you'll see that I ranked analoq's mix above my own in the contest. Personally, I think analoq's mix is very professionally done; but I also think mine is a good alternative that is completely different from analoq's mix, and also maintains a level of quality.

ooops, lol, i meant to finish that sentence and now i forget what i was going to say. something like "It doesnt stand up there with analoq's mix, but it stads a couple feet away. I dont know, i cant remember it right nwow and im dead tired.

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked this piece. It's short, with pretty high-quality samples, and a blast to listen to. I tend to go for more ambient pieces (I downloaded this mix to see how it'd hold up to the older Azure Lake) but this song always gets me smiling. It's rare you find something this light-hearted and catchy that doesn't grate on the nerves. Kudos, and keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Woah... sweet! And I don't necessarily mean that in the colloquial sense. :) I loved this song, man. This is going into my playlist folder to provide an occasional sugary pick-me-up along with Pioneer and Welcome to the Metalic Party.

Oh yeah, DarkeSword, the 60's called. They want their elven glen back. :) Just kidding. The want their moments of optomistic innocence back. Hehe, okay, okay, nobody called. I'm just teasing because I like this song so much. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00943 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Her Azure Eyes"