FLMC X: Final Fantasy I

Gollgagh

Welcome to FLMC 10!

(Link to website)

Yes, that's right folks, it's time for another ~fabulous~ round of the Fruity Loops Music Competition!

This month's source is

flmcxcv2.png

Here is the soundtrack in all of its NESish glory:

http://www.zophar.net/download.php?file=nsf/ff1.zip

If your music player does not yet play chiptune files, OCR's own ChipAmp'll get you up and running.

If you're lazy and just wanna make a MIDI rip, the MIDI's are in here somewhere. (HOWEVER, if you actually submit a MIDI rip, I will personally hunt you down and eviscerate your reproductive organs. Not to mention it will be immediately disqualified.)

A quick recap of the rules for FLMC:

Music entries for this competition are arranged in FL Studio, using only default synths and samples. No external VSTs or samples (except for the sample pack) are allowed.

This is a competition open to mixers from all walks of life, be you the goddamn DarkeSword or someone with ABSOLUTELY no experience in doing this kind of thing WHATSOEVER.

* No Sytrus, DX10, Wasp, Soundfont Player, etc. (I can't remember if we were changing this so it stays for now)

!@#$%* You are allowed to use the FLMC10 Pack (provided by DDRKirby). or here (Sendspace) to download it.*%$#@! COMING SOON

* You may enter as many songs as you want.

* You may collaborate with other entrants.

* You must provide a FLP file (preferably in the form of a zipped project file). The only exception for this is demo participants (who cannot save FLP's).

* Demo version submissions are definitely allowed and fully encouraged.

* NO MIDI RIPS OR YOUR BALLS ARE FORFEIT

You may either post your submissions in the thread, or email them to OCR.FLMC@gmail.com

For anyone that does not yet have any form of Fruity Loops installed but has any inclination to remix some badass Zelda tunes should head over to http://demo.flstudio.com/ to get the demo edition of FL Studio.

And last, the submission deadline is MAY 21st, 2008, 11:59PM EST.

Good luck

Technically it should have been moved to the competitions forum.... but I guess it gets more views this way?

This thread gots 1019 views while making this post. Compared to the FLMC9, which has passed voting stage and is open for a few months, I don't think 5600 views is unreachable for the topic here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it won't be reached.

BUT: Here MORE people see this thread and hopefully some more will participate (in remixing and or voting). We know more when voting has ended.

Shit guys, I totally dropped what ball there was on this.

It's been a pretty crazy month (what with the end of the semester and all) and I'd bet it's been crazy for other people too.

What would you guys say to extending the deadline to the end of the month? (That's full two weeks from now)