*NO* Journey to Silius 'Down to Silius' *FT*

analoq

I sent you a "remix" Jan 13, I think. Haven't seen either 'yes' or 'no'. Maybe you've been busy. Here's the link again anyway. I know I'm not very good at this remixing thing, but there just aren't enough Journey to Silius remixes =)

remixer: CED (ced@mail.bip.net)

game: Journey to Silius (3rd Level?)

title: Down to Silius

link:

i'll vote on it tomorrow.

cheers.

The distorted guitars don't help this mix out. At all.

2.01: What? Confusion! Hmmmm......

The percussion is very repetitive, and it gets somewhat annoying towards the end of the mix.

3.21 onwards. The mix is definately getting a no now. That is not the way to end any piece IMO.

The remixer knows how and when to use effects, unfortunately a lot more practice is needed when it comes to arrangement and instrument implementation.

NO

I remember this game! I loved the main theme. Lets see where this goes..

Synths are rather annoying so far. We are having chord problems at 1:00. This song has general confusion at 2:00. Just too much is happening and none of it fits with the rest.

I am liking the ideas displayed. If this were done better, it could really rock. The melody is too undefined and flooded out by distortion and sound effects. The transitions are poorly done and not well thought out.

Ugh, I don't remember this theme at all, I need to recheck it out.

This song could end better.

NO

okay, this appears to be the music from stage 4. He changed the structure a bit, that's good. I like the section around 1:30-2:30. But it's not quite enough to forgive the other flaws in this track. The guitar-ish sound is horrendous, and since it's used used a lot, it hurts the track bigtime. What's worse, the bass drum... it hurts my ears - it sounds like you're boosting too high. Boost around 60-80hz.. not 150 or whatever awful frequencies I shouldn't be hearing. Ouch.

Others already pointed out the transitional problems, so I guess that's all I had to say.

no