Anyone from Germany or that part of Europe? Need help!

Sole Signal

Hey guys,

I just got an e-mail from a representative of the "Germany Bundesliga Club, Telekom Baskets Bonn," who want to use my track, "Rising Impact" as their introduction music (see sig). I'm trying to get an idea of how "big" basketball is there (ticket sales, etc) so I can give an accurate price quote.

Anyway, I ran a search and found that they are a professional basketball team in Germany, with the "Bundesliga" designation denoting the highest level of pro basketball there. Their website (http://www.telekom-baskets-bonn.de/index_baskets.htm) has a five tier pricing system, with the most expensive ticket being 23 euro (or $37), which is somewhat comparable to NBA prices here in the States.

I also found this forum post which seems to help clarify a bit; apparently they're moving into a new arena pretty soon:

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?p=157837#post157837

Can anyone speak to the popularity of b-ball over there (preferably specifically this team), or even have access to ticket sale statistics? I'm going to keep looking for info myself, but some hands-on knowledge would be nice too.

Thanks!

I've gotten conflicting reports on it. The article makes it sound like they're scrapping to build their new arena, but apparently a few years back they had a huge fanbase. It doesn't hurt that they're sponsored by "Europe's largest telecommunications company" and that they'll be moving into their new arena this upcoming year.

At any rate, even assuming they draw half a house (which would be about 3,000 people) @ an average of 20 euro per ticket = big bucks. Too bad it's not a soccer team. :)

Well, this page says that they sold an average of 3400 tickets per game last season, which isn't too shabby considering that their capacity is 3500.

Awesome. Exactly what I'm looking for. Didn't realize how short their season is--only 16-20 games or so.

Thanks for all the info guys! I'll let you know how it works out.